PDA

View Full Version : Male rabbits

Piers
03-09-05, 10:55 AM
Hi, could anyone tell me if male rabbits become agressive or unhandable after being used as a stud?
I've ask around and get a different answer each time.
Thanks Piers

kpugh
03-09-05, 07:51 PM
My only answer would be it depends - lots of help, eh? They can get aggressive towards other males, but there really isn't any reason breeding males need to be together anyway. The odd one may get nasty towards people, but the odd one gets nasty regardless of whether it is bred or not...It boils down to the personality of the rabbit in question...so there is really no easy answer.

Piers
03-09-05, 09:48 PM
Thanks for the reply, I guess I'm still in the same boat as before, as they say.
Piers

kpugh
03-09-05, 10:11 PM
What's the reason for the inquiry? Are you wondering about using somebodies pet for breeding, and worried you might wreck his temperament? Or something else? Lots of people here have far more experience breeding rabbits than I do, so maybe someone will share some storiesabout personality changes???

Piers
03-09-05, 11:30 PM
Yeah it's my girlfriends daughters rabbit, so its got to stay nice.
If it was mine I wouldn't care.
Piers

nickykci
03-10-05, 04:23 PM
we use to breed rabbits when i was younger, my stub rabbit was not aggressive, i could handle him, just as any rabbit...i hope this helps...
Nicky

Piers
03-10-05, 10:10 PM
Thanks Nicky for the reply.
Piers

Peter Ludwig
03-11-05, 08:41 AM
I've been breeding rabbits now for 2 years and have had about 12 bucks. Each one has it's own personality. Some develope the idea that they should bite you when you hold them I've had some luck giving them a slap in the head, but some are stubborn and always want to bite. Some are fine with you but very aggressive to the females biting them around the head to the point where I had to put the bucks down.

dannyc
03-13-05, 08:28 PM
I raised rabbits for years and never heard of an agressive rabbit. But 2 males will fight once they mature.