PDA

View Full Version : Update

Manitoban Herps
03-01-05, 08:20 PM
I though I would let you guys know how the baby skunk geckos (white lined gecko) were doing. They were both born in Decmember and are now 4-5+ inches long with there tail. They both in a Advanced Reptile Habitat, the cages with the two doors that open up from the front. And they both eat 6 mealworms each night.

Here are a couple pics.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/Kevin_McRae/c4427153.bmp

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/Kevin_McRae/dd0e8839.bmp

Thanks

TLH_Wär§cöötmän
03-01-05, 09:56 PM
Cool :) I night have to look into those geckos

silent_truth
03-01-05, 09:58 PM
They look awesome Kevin!

I have to tell ya a short story about my experience with white lines/skunk geckos. I worked in a pet store for nearly two years and other than a couple gold dust day geckos, the white lines were the only ones that got away from me. Luckily I was able to catch them, but before I did, they climbed the side of the tank, leapt up over my shoulder, landed on my back and ran down to the floor, sending a bunch of customers in all different directions! Great geckos, but hard to hold onto! Have you been able to handle these young ones?

Congrats on producing some great looking geckos!

-Adam

SnakeyeZ
03-01-05, 10:06 PM
Beauties...these new pics look alot clearer and visible...colors really come out...congrats man!

Manitoban Herps
03-01-05, 10:11 PM
Thanks, there very nice geckos, I am proud of them :D

Actually I took those pics today and once I took it, one jumped out, and all I did, like every time a fast lizard escapes is, pull of my shirt through it ontop of the lizard and bring it back to it's cage. It is way easier to catch a fast lizard with a shirt then your hands, and it minimizes stress.

TLH_Wär§cöötmän
03-01-05, 11:45 PM
HAHA I might have to use that tactic if my Tokays ever get out!! They are very fast!! (was funny watching one doing a brakestand trying to get up the glass when I was cleaning the tank)

Manitoban Herps
03-02-05, 01:01 PM
Yah it's a very good method, I actually had a female tokay escape on the weekend and this method worked :)