PDA

View Full Version : Rat storage?

mcfreshdeli
03-01-05, 11:40 AM
I am getting ready to change my ball from live mice to frozen rats. But I have a big problem. My fiance' wont let me put a rat in her freezer. Without buying another big ol freezer what can I do?

sleddergirl
03-01-05, 11:49 AM
Uhm ...ya got me there. Explain to her how important it is, show her pics of snakes that have been attacked by their "food". Either that or tell her she doesn't have a choice.....

Oni5000
03-01-05, 11:50 AM
You can:

a. disguise them as fish sticks

or

b. get a small chest freezer and keep it in the basement/garage

kpugh
03-01-05, 11:50 AM
I think showing the pics of injured snakes might really help...don't personally recommend the "no choice" option though...:) I was going to say "get a little freezer"...but someone beat me to it!

mcfreshdeli
03-01-05, 12:13 PM
She knows and undersands all about the need to switch. BUt how much and where can I get a little freezer. She just doesnt want dead rats by her food

sleddergirl
03-01-05, 12:24 PM
You can sometimes find used freezers in the classified ads in the paper. What about putting the rats in their own container in the freezer, so they're away from the food?

marisa
03-01-05, 12:28 PM
I am just moving your thread into the "Food for Thought" forum which is all about feeders.

I suggest simple buying a mini size "bar" freezer and keep it in your garage if you plan on keeping snakes for the long term. I have a freezer in my garage and even though I also keep some on hand in my house freezer, it makes life a lot easier. I can have 1000 rats, or 20 out there and not worry about room.

Marisa

sapphire_moon
03-01-05, 12:40 PM
you can also buy small freezer chests at wal-mart where the "dorm" refrigerators are (I don't trust used appliances, had to many "spark out" on me! lol)

mykee
03-01-05, 02:25 PM
You could also replace your fiance and save the money in having to buy a small freezer..........

greenman1867
03-01-05, 02:54 PM
I gotta say I agree with mykee, Dr Phil would say you need to listen and compromise, so I would start my barganing with "Don't let the door hit you in the *bleeeeeep* on the way out" and hope for the best :D

Or you could move to the arctic where the perma frost will let you keep your rats under your house.

Really though, why not try to get her to agree to letting you keep them in the freezer so long as they are not on a see through container? Thats how I started, now I keep them in the same box as the chicken fingers.

GL hopefully you can figure out a simple solution.

mcfreshdeli
03-01-05, 03:04 PM
Yeah I'll be sure to run that by my 5 month old daughter and see what she thinks.

sleddergirl
03-01-05, 03:07 PM
I think it was a joke...............

mykee
03-01-05, 08:00 PM
I'm not joking! I've gone through 6 girlfriends over this whole "rat in the freezer" thing. Girlfriend #2 didn't get along with my fiancee, but oh well, and "girlfriend" #5 turned out to be a guy, that's another story.....LOL.

sleddergirl
03-01-05, 08:04 PM
:D You had me laughing at that one Mykee............lol

greenman1867
03-02-05, 04:05 AM
mcfreshdeli,

I am very glad to see you took the joking part seriously and totally ignored the serious part. If you want to pick and choose what you read from the posts I suggest you stick to "yes" or "no" type questions.

There is a lot to learn here but you really need to lighten up or you probably won't survive long here. Just my 2 cents.

Shawn

mcfreshdeli
03-02-05, 08:57 AM
I was being sarcastic there dude. I am aware that you were joking. My fiance found it funny as well. maybe I'll start puting a sarcasm alert on my posts for you touchy folk.

I am going to check out some stores here soon for the mini freezer.

mcfreshdeli
03-02-05, 09:04 AM
Sorry for the miscommuniation.

mykee
03-02-05, 04:08 PM
Everyone, take a deep breathe and realize that this is only a snake forum, not worth an ulcer IMO.