PDA

View Full Version : Hopefully gravid....

Jeff_Favelle
04-04-02, 10:46 AM
But you never know!!:(

snakedude_03
04-04-02, 06:30 PM
jusr cross your fingers.. i don't know all too much about bp.. but corey might know!

Jeff_Favelle
04-04-02, 07:47 PM
I've had them look 10x bigger than this and not have any eggs. I've also had them look emaciated and lay 4 eggs!! Weird, you just never know. She's off feed and she's swelled up, plus she finally accepted the male's(s) advances. So I'll just keep introducing and whatever happens, happens.

North
04-04-02, 07:50 PM
LOL..I know exactly how you feel...good luck

Corey Woods
04-04-02, 07:57 PM
Jeff,

It is hard to tell in the pic but to me she doesn't look gravid. Also, if the male is still breeding her then she is not gravid as gravid snakes actually repell the males.

Good Luck,
Corey

Dom
04-05-02, 02:51 AM
Both My carpet Pythons and my burms were going at it like crazy for three weeks .. but now they both seem reppelled from each other for the past week or so and always seem to be as far away from each other as possible ..

To you does that seem like a good chance that they both could be gravid ..

I guess all I have to do now is wait for their pre lay shed?

Corey Woods
04-05-02, 06:12 AM
Generally speaking the females stop wanting to bred upwards of 3 weeks before they ovulate. They also will not bred when gravid. So, your snakes could be building up for ovulation, already gravid or the female may not go at all. For me the breeding season is over and all that I'm waiting on is for the females to ovulate and produce eggs.

Corey

C.Marshell
04-13-02, 08:01 AM
Yeah..i notice its roughly the same thing with my Emeralds,Here is a couple of dates from last year.

Last observed copulation(male lost interest)May /30/ 2001

Ovulation was observed June/22/2001
So if you count the days in between it's 23 days exactly to the point of ovulation
Wich is just 2 days over the 3 week period that corey had mentioned.

C.M

Jeff_Favelle
04-13-02, 10:36 AM
I don't think Balls have a breeding window. They may for some people, but I've had them lay in January and I've had them lay in August. The big guys in the States say they breed them year-round.

I found this when I got up yesterday morning.

Jeff_Favelle
04-14-02, 06:34 PM
But he's on to a new female now. Plus he's in a shed. I was going to get rid of this guy too!! I think I'll hang on to him just in case. I know he'll always be ready to go.

Anyone producing Pastels this year? I may be interested in a male or three.

Email me: jefffavelle@shaw.ca