PDA

View Full Version : high contrast albino x normal albino?

Derrick
02-18-05, 04:17 PM
Any idea what would come of this? just curious

BornboreD
02-18-05, 04:28 PM
Albinos...........

In my books High Contrast Albino is a fancy business oriented term, for "Really Nice Albino". :p

Colin

Tim_Cranwill
02-18-05, 04:34 PM
All Albinos (T-) are the same. The "high contrast" and "low contrast" Albinos are the same thing. It's like having hi-yellow and low-yellow Normals. Different looks, same genes. Most of the really striking Albino pics you see are of young Albinos, not adults. As with Normals, adult Albinos tend to lose their vibrant colors to some degree. It's selective breeding that brings out the best in the Albinos, not a separate gene.

That’s not to say some albinos aren't very bright and others are dull at any age. But I think some people make the mistake of confusing the “high contrast” albinos as a different line. But that's not the case. :)

Derrick
02-18-05, 07:18 PM
thx Tim

mykee
02-19-05, 03:18 PM
I'm glad SOMEONE finally had the cojones to explain the high/low contrast albino thing. Though they're both great looking, it's luck o' the draw.

greenman1867
02-19-05, 04:08 PM
I have a normal that seems to have a really yellow belly.............

BOAS_N_PYTHONS
02-19-05, 05:17 PM
DERRICK:

Saw the title of the thread was hoping to see gorgeous Albinos, but no photos are posted of my top 3 favorite ball pythons :(

Tony

mykee
02-19-05, 05:49 PM
Shawn; Yeah, you and everyone else over "there".....

BornboreD
02-19-05, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by mykee
Shawn; Yeah, you and everyone else over "there".....

LOL!!!

Colin

CHRISANDBOIDS14
02-19-05, 08:22 PM
Lmao Mykee.

C.

greenman1867
02-19-05, 08:56 PM
LOL I was trying to be a smart asp and now I am confused.....................where is "over there"? LOL

mykee
02-20-05, 12:42 PM
Do you just own ball pythons? Are you interested in kingsnakes? Subtle, eh?....

BornboreD
02-20-05, 01:38 PM
I don't particularly dig kingsnakes all that much. I do however take a look at em once and awhile. I have an earnest appreciation for all species of ssnakess though. ;)

Colin

David Kwok
02-22-05, 01:08 AM
I agree with Tim on this one ;) HC albinos fade out as they get older :) Glad to see that some people aren't just about Marketing! LOL!

On the other hand, Banded and certain reduced line albinos should have the killer HC look.

Markus Jayne
02-22-05, 07:15 AM
I think a lot of people also get confused with what high contrast is and what causes it. Yes some albinos are darker but they also bleed. Meaning their yellow eventually merges into the white with the lines between both being faded. A nice high contrast has clean crisp lines.

I also find that health plays a huge factore in the appearance of albinos. The better they feed, the brighter they seem.

Yes I agree that is is a crap shoot when it comes to producing them. You can certainly get a mixed bag. However when you start out with a high crisp contrast, you certainly improve your odds.

I have hatched out normal clutches and had a mixed bag ranging from light gold to almost black. The same can be said for albinos.

Sorry I didn't post any pics. I'm in between websites right now. My new one has turned into a bigger project than I originally thought, but it should be ready soon. Then I will be able to post some pics.

Mark

Piers
02-22-05, 10:07 AM
Well my pair of albinos are getting on for 3 years and still look great! Well I'll have to get David Kwok to speek for my female as hes had it forever, lol. My male is still brite with crisp lines and very little if any bleeding of the colors, if I remember right my female has a little bleeding, is that right Dave?
I have seen a few duller and more muddy(color bleeding) albino bp, so even though its the same gene there is some differences.
Piers

David Kwok
02-22-05, 11:17 AM
LOL! what female ;)

she's mine, all mine!!!

Seriously I thought your male was more high contrasty but I've always liked the look of the female more. I love overall orangey head.... I would post some pics, but someone is trying to get busy with her.

Mark, its amazing how something seemingly so simple as a new website can take so much time, energy and mental capital. Can wait to see it!

Dave

greenman1867
02-22-05, 12:11 PM
Mykee

Holy crap I am slow on the up take! LOL I get it now........"over there"! LOL it took the kingsnake referance (and a few days to think about it) to click in! See, if you use a big enough hammer you can beat things into even the thickest skulls! LOL

Markus Jayne
02-23-05, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by David Kwok
LOL!

Mark, its amazing how something seemingly so simple as a new website can take so much time, energy and mental capital. Can wait to see it!

Dave

I can hardly wait to see it myself! Actually I know what it looks like, I just want to see it FINISHED! I'm doing it all myself and everyday I decide to change this...and add that. You know what it is like.

Anyway I hope it doesn't disappoint.

Mark