PDA

View Full Version : albino prices

tonyb
02-14-05, 08:58 AM
ive been looking at albino royals but i cant believe the prices quoted, i thought they were fairly common.

greenman1867
02-14-05, 09:13 AM
Not that common, good demand and valuable breeders = $$$

Ya they are big bucks still but worth every penny, if you have the pennies to spend.

CamHanna
02-14-05, 09:15 AM
Comparatively they are more common than other morphs. Quantitatively they are rare and very much in demand, hence the price.

justinO
02-14-05, 11:58 AM
$3500-5000 (or $2000 in England/British pounds) is common for an albino..... I don't think those prices are too bad considering what they used to cost! They are not common, and even less common in the UK.

If that kind of price offends you, you should look into hets ($700 Brit pounds for a pair) or settle for a normal.

I agree with greenman, they are worth it. And no, they don't go on "sale".

mykee
02-14-05, 12:39 PM
Diamonds are "common" but still command top dollar..

rwg
02-14-05, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by mykee
Diamonds are "common" but still command top dollar..

True, but that's another story altogether. There isn't an evil corporation controlling the supply of albinos, while aggressively promoting them to increase demand and wheeling and dealing with brutal dictatorships to maintain a virtual monopoly. Or is there?

other Roy

tonyb
02-14-05, 02:01 PM
there is also a big difference in price, ive just been offered one from a guy in spain for around £600, this is about £2000 cheaper than any others ive seen

Tim_Cranwill
02-14-05, 02:09 PM
So, buy it then. :)

BoAddict
02-14-05, 03:50 PM
600 pounds for what ? a pair of hets or an albino?

i can see it for hets but if he says he will sell you an albino for more than $2000 below then i would turn and walk away now.

you know the saying if it sounds too good to be true .....

Mike

mykee
02-14-05, 04:42 PM
RWG; says who?......

rwg
02-14-05, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by mykee
RWG; says who?......
who says what? that albino BPs are NOT controlled by a cartel? That was a joke. Or who says diamonds are a dirty industry? If it's the latter, I hope your joking. Aside from he fact that debeers has pled guilty to price-fixing, there are countless books, articles, web sites and investigative reports on their role in international trade of "blood diamonds", their manipulation of market forces and a lot of other stuff. I wont respond to this line on this thread, due to political content, but I'd be happy to discuss this through PMs. Google it if you're interested.

brutus
02-14-05, 08:46 PM
I agree with the diamond price fixing.

mykee
02-14-05, 10:36 PM
The first one. No need to go all "Boer" on me.

rwg
02-14-05, 11:33 PM
whew. ;) once again we see why the internet sucks.

tonyb
02-15-05, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by BoAddict
600 pounds for what ? a pair of hets or an albino?

i can see it for hets but if he says he will sell you an albino for more than $2000 below then i would turn and walk away now.

you know the saying if it sounds too good to be true .....

Mike

yeah thats what im worried about. its for an 04 albino. the guy lives in spain and wants payment in advance. i cant help but feel i would get screwed if i went ahead.

Slannesh
02-15-05, 07:44 AM
that's way below market value for that snake... if it sounds too good to be true it probably is :)