PDA

View Full Version : Sexing a Tokay gecko

TLH_Wär§cöötmän
02-04-05, 07:16 PM
Does anyone have pics of male/female Tokays?? I am buying some very soon and would like to be able to get 1.1, so I need to be sure on sexing them. Is it like leopard geckos????

Manitoban Herps
02-05-05, 12:34 AM
Same as leopard but male tokay's hemipenal bulges are less visible, but you can males will still have a noticable row of preanal pores. Males also have a pair of tubrucales on the sides of there hemipenal bulges.

TLH_Wär§cöötmän
02-05-05, 12:35 AM
I kinda figured that the preanal pores would be there. Does anyone have some pictures?? I would appreciate it greatly!!

DragnDrop
02-05-05, 09:21 AM
I don't have tokays, but I watched one being sexed. It was fun. The person checking the gecko held him right up to his face to get a close look for possible pores and the gecko let out one loud scream, almost scared the living daylights out of me. Immediately after, there was this extremely large goopy pile of poo on the man's face. I would suggest you check really carefully and watch your nose.

TLH_Wär§cöötmän
02-05-05, 10:45 PM
ROTFLMAO that's too funny LOL I plan on using an intellegent way. Put the Tokay in a see-though container and look at him like that LOL they can climb glass and usually plaster themselves against it from what I have seen, so it should be easy to see the pores through glass or clear plastic. Then I can hold it as close as I want and not have to worry about poo or being chomped in the face LOL :)