PDA

View Full Version : In ref to the Cobraman bite thread

Seanebones
11-05-02, 09:19 PM
Dam,
I wish I had read the whole post before I simply wished Ray well.(dam the ADD) I can't believe that another herper would be so condescending. Why would someone say these things to a comrade in a life threatening situation? I have no clue. In my humble opinion, we are all on a very exclusive, and already socially outcast team, and to turn on each other is just pure idiocy. I can just imagine the opponents of our hobby laughing out loud as we destroy ourselves, and getting the biggest kick out of watching us attack one another, with the old "I know better than you BS". Each of us started out the same, Ignorant, and eager to learn. In my mind this is a lifelong journey of the joy of learning, and the pain of mistakes, whatever the cause. All of us better realize, and quickly, that attacking others for mistakes made, especially life threatening ones, is not only "*** exposing" it is destructive to our love of snakes. Why not write the idiotic bans for them? Wake up, band together, and stand strong. We are one family, with a shared love of snakes of all kinds. Yet we cannot support each other?

hip
11-05-02, 09:46 PM
Damn Sean you hit the nail right on the head.And sometimes the nail needs to be hit on the head for the sake of reason and wisdom.Keep the truth coming and we all shall see who we really are. Take care Take it easy just take it Hip

cobraman
11-05-02, 10:48 PM
Sean, Thank you very kindly. I could not have put it any better. People like you (and the many others that have been supportive) are what make me proud to be in this field. Even if our interests are different, we are all brothers and sisters, and should treat each other accordingly. Thank God he is not a paramedic... can you picture arriving on the scene of an accident and start talking that garbage to the injured driver? He was the ONLY ONE of the many posts and e-mails I got that carried on like that. Anyway (before we rattle someone's cage) Thank you again. And thank you also Hip.
Blessings
Ray Hunter

Tim_Cranwill
11-05-02, 11:58 PM
Well said, Sean.

Shane Tesser
11-06-02, 12:58 AM
Right on Sean :)

josefg
11-06-02, 07:03 AM
Hey Sean. Well said man!

Zhakrin
11-06-02, 09:58 AM
Ah phil,

This thread is not directly about you it is a call for herper unity. A "cant we just get along" public service announcement.

If you NEED to have to the last word then please leave it alone. Let your last post be the end to it.

Peace.

FacultyX
11-06-02, 10:23 AM
Would somebody please change his diaper. and give him a bottle?

josefg
11-06-02, 10:43 AM
Hey Philip:
...have already shown you allegiance to the kiss Rays butt club so I really shouldn't expect any better....
I agree on most of the stuff you said on the other thread about the bite and I cannot see why me and the other are kissing Ray's butt because we agree on a herper unity. Like you said in the other thread, such mistakes could make us loose our pets, and as you may know this is already happening to Sean the starter of this thread! However when we call for herper unity that doesn't mean that we're slandering you or something like that. It just due to the fact that the argument turned out to be like a competition on who has the most skill and experience, which was pretty childish!.

We didn't say that you should apologise to Ray or congratulate him for the bite but that there shouldn't be any childish attacks between us as they can be used as another weapon against us! However as I said above, I agree with the most of the things you said in the other thread. IMO the comments u passed in the other thread were very just when they were at a professional level, but that's just IMO!

FacultyX:
Stop the personal attacks man, it's against the purpose of this thread.

josefg
11-06-02, 11:26 AM
Hey Philip, I never said that it was you who started the attacks man. And yes I bothered to read the thread and when I said that it ended up like a competition not because you wanted it to be like that but because of some of the things that were said in the thread. That does not necessarily mean that you said them!

Btw glad to see you're here again!

cobraman
11-06-02, 11:57 AM
Fred, (facultyx), PLEASE do not start that childishness. That is uncalled for. Everyone here has the right to post their thoughts without that type of responce. As far as I'm concerned the thing between philip and I is long over, and should be dropped by ALL. I hold no hard feelings against him, and apologise for my part in that other thread (now, that's the best I can do, take it or leave it).

Fred, please be respectful.

Blessings
Ray

Shane Tesser
11-06-02, 01:10 PM
Gee Phil...i guess there is no more reason for you to respond is there....hmmmm herper unity and im week...i think its your reading skills that are...anyway i think your done here ;)