PDA

View Full Version : Cricket Infestation

Ptindy
12-21-04, 06:50 PM
Hey everyone. I've found many crickets around my apartment lately. Is it possible for crickets to lay eggs and have them hatch successfully around a house? Am I going to need an exterminator?

Mike

clint545
12-21-04, 06:58 PM
I had the same problem, bout a month ago, got alot of help from this site. I went out and got a bunch of glue traps for insects @ Canadian Tire. It's around $2 for a pack of 6 and they work quite well.
I was told in order to breed, crixs need damp and dark conditions. How many crickets are you finding? If they're breeding, you would probably be overrun with them.

Good Luck!!

clint545
12-21-04, 07:00 PM
Me again! My thread is still on here, just scroll down to cricket problem, there's pics of those glue traps!

Ptindy
12-22-04, 12:54 PM
Thanks Clint! I'm finding quite a few adults, so I think they are escaping somehow. My sister's room is quite the mess, so I'm sure her room could be a prime spot.

Mike

meow_mix450
12-22-04, 03:16 PM
Nope I would say impossible. Unless you have damp soil in your house there should be no problem. If they were to lay eggs and they hatched, the babys would freeze, or starve to death. If you just to get ride of the adults do wut clint said

Meow

Slannesh
12-22-04, 10:33 PM
If all you're finding is adults then they're just escaping and not breeding.

Which is good cause crix lay a LOT of eggs :)

Ptindy
01-07-05, 02:07 PM
Hey lol, I found out the problem. I was away when this was a concern and my girlfriend was taking care of them. I used the fiberglass window screen as a vent taped out to a miniature type garbage pale from Wally's. I guess they ate holes through this and escaped. Now I found most of them and find one every two or three days and replaced the screen with the aluminum versioun haha. Thanks everyone.

Mike