PDA

View Full Version : help with f/t

Dunner
10-30-02, 01:52 PM
hey, i have a young burmese, who for some reason or another is turning his nose up at the f/t rats now, he was eating them fine, then i ran out, and i picked up a couple live ones i pre killed them, i did that for probably 2 or 3 feedings, now i've got more freezies in, and he won't eat them, any advice, on how to get him back on track? thanks

Bryan Self
10-31-02, 02:11 AM
Just be patience. Burms have very good feeding responces. Skip a meal and it will be back on track.

SilverTongue
10-31-02, 04:42 AM
You can try braining the rodent. It usually stimulates a feeding responce

Dom
10-31-02, 08:23 AM
Just by curiosity .. It wouldn't happen to be male??

A lot of the male Burms will actually completly stop eating for the winter month .. its a possibility.

But chances are he was just not hungry and will eat next time u try to feed him.

Best of luck
Dom

Dunner
10-31-02, 12:08 PM
yeah he is a male, but he's eating fine, he'll eat, live, stunned, pre killed, just not f/t anymore, he's the type of burm, if i let him, he would eat until he exploded, he's only about 4 months old and up until i had to give in the pre killed, he was eating f/t like a champ, i guess i spoiled him with the fresh food :)

Lisa
10-31-02, 03:14 PM
i wouldn't worry about it, it seems to be the season for not eating. one of our burms just danced with the rat when i tried to feed her last week.

Bobby
11-03-02, 08:22 PM
You might be letting the rat get to cold. I had the same problem all I did was warm the rat up a little bit. Is the rats wet when you are trying to feed him if so try to dry them off this worked for me. Good luck.