PDA

View Full Version : Croaking gouramies

Youkai
10-29-02, 12:15 AM
Has anyone ever had experience with these guys? I picked up a couple, unsure of the sexes so far. They seem to be very deliberate, intelligent (for a fish...) animals.

Shane Tesser
10-30-02, 01:24 AM
Ive never kept them personally, but i know people who have and actually i havent really seen them in some time so...yeah pretty cool.....i hope you breed them so you can tell me how loud the croaking actually is....ive heard that it is infact quite loud...so id be interested to know. If your keeping them in a tank by themselves...through in some chocolates...i havent seen them either in some time but i kept those years ago...rather delicate but beautiful....and im sure the two would get along okay as they are i believe about the same size. You could of course breed those as well and send some to your good buddy Shane!

sSNAKESs.com
10-30-02, 06:21 AM
i dunno, when i was living on my own, i had a couple that turned blue and croaked but it could have been induced by tampering from my friends.. who knows.. thats just my only experience with gouramis :)

Youkai
11-04-02, 04:04 AM
So far no croaking, but they do seem to be a pair...I think. They seem harder to sex then some gouramies.
They're neat little fish though, and I'll keep everyone posted.