PDA

View Full Version : Funny drinking method?!

Pixie
10-28-02, 11:42 PM
This afternoon, my ball poked out of her hide and went to get a drink of water. Same as usual but went she went a second time she did a funny thing, flicking her tongue in the water repeatedly just like a dog lapping water for a couple of minutes! It looked really cute but I've never seen her do that before. Has anyone experienced this with their ball or other snake?

lanalizard
10-28-02, 11:46 PM
my corn snake does that...and when he is really thirsty he sticks his whole face in the water and gulps it down

derek
10-29-02, 12:40 AM
my corn snake does that sometimes. it is really cute to watch them

SilverTongue
10-29-02, 02:54 AM
my cornsnakes do that they also will lap it off the wall of their tank after I spray it down. Then sometimes they stick their whole face in the water. My adult corn thinks he is a submarine keeping everything but his nostrals under water. and sometimes he will totaly sumerge himself. and swim around LoL

Jeff_Favelle
10-29-02, 11:32 AM
Yeah, every snake I've owned. Its how they drink.

Also, watch their head muscles (really cool in Boids) as they contract back and forth as they are dinking. Its cool.

ReneeB
10-29-02, 11:55 AM
My BPs submerge their whole head to drink.. I keep wondering when I'll find one dead from drowning like that!