PDA

View Full Version : Suriname Question.

Syst3m
10-24-02, 05:35 PM
I was surfing the python forums and saw a pic of the monster suriname boa that basically boas owns.

Here is my question.

What are the average lengths and weights of both male and female suriname boa. Any other information would be great too.

I really liked the size/length of that snake. It was impressive to say the least. Of what I consider a giant constrictor that one fits my bill for ownership.

So if any of you wanna brag about your snake or just give me information about your snake please do.

P.S. Pictures if you have them of yours too would be very nice.

Bryan Self
10-24-02, 07:40 PM
I do not own any BCC right now. I can say that Basically Boas bought a female that was 80 lbs., if I remember correctlly. They put it on a massive diet. Boas that large do not give good clutches. Females can get to 40lbs. after many years without much of a problem.

Darren Hamill
10-25-02, 12:57 PM
An 8' female true red tail from Suriname or the Guyans would be the norm. Most females at a good weight would be around the 35-45 LB mark. Obese females will not fare well and should be thined out. An 80 LB female would be HUGE! :)

Syst3m
10-25-02, 01:41 PM
I was thinking about getting an Argentine Boa or A Hogg Isle boa.

BCO and BCI? Not sure exactly. Would Either the argentine or the Hogg female reach sizes of 8 feet with good care?

If anyone has pics of their Argentine or Hogg females that are of adult age and are a good size and weight please post them :)
I'm really interested in owning more then just the epicrates species. I do like pythons, but I like the weights and lengths the boa reach and I love the colors and patterns on them too.

Bryan Self
10-25-02, 01:49 PM
Hoggs as a rule stay smaller than most BCI. The BCO can get very big. They are as large if not larger than BCC.