PDA

View Full Version : wish me luck :)

Clownfishie
10-22-02, 07:40 PM
Xander's first meal is thawing as we speak... let's hope that our first meal together isn't too traumatic for either of us... LOL :)
At least it isn't live and squirming...

If he doesn't eat tonight, how long should I wait before trying again? A few days, or a week, or what?

Jeff_Favelle
10-22-02, 08:18 PM
Don't forget to leave the prey item in overnight.

Clownfishie
10-22-02, 08:28 PM
Hehe -- no need for that apparently ;) After taking a minute to figure things out, Xander snapped it right up! :D I must admit that I didn't stick around for the show though -- LOL... just closed the lid and let him go about his business.

I fed him in a separate box though (that's a good thing to do, right?) -- I know that you're not supposed to handle them for a few days after they've eaten, but I assume that moving him back to his tank doesn't count as "handling" really...

Matt_K
10-22-02, 08:40 PM
You should have no problems moving him back. Congrats on his first meal. Nothing better then a BP that eats. :)

Clownfishie
10-22-02, 10:17 PM
No arguments here! Hehe :) I was so worried that he wouldn't eat -- so now the initial anxiety is over :)

Quick question -- if you're feeding more than one prey item, how long do you usually wait between offering them? I only gave him one rat fuzzy tonight, but I'm pretty sure he could've eaten 2 no problem...

Pixie
10-23-02, 07:58 AM
Congratulations on your new ball eating, it's always a bit stressful the first meal. Are they going to eat? Will it be fussy? etc...

About when to give it a second food item, I wait till the first one's been swallowed and down a little bit, past the neck, then offer another. Mine always snaps the second one real quick.

silke
10-23-02, 08:22 AM
YAY for XANDER (and you)

ReneeB
10-23-02, 08:39 AM
congrats! I've got two more that haven't eaten yet.. hoping they will tonight or tomorrow..

silke
10-23-02, 08:50 AM
these the new ones from this weekend?
good luck
(happy thoguhts...happy thoughts)

Maxwell The BD
10-24-02, 01:10 PM
Hey congrats on Xander. Hope he continues to eat. Once again, congrats.

SilverTongue
10-24-02, 01:19 PM
Gratzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!