PDA

View Full Version : new cage just finished

rocket
10-20-02, 11:49 PM
hi all. just got the photos back on the new cage i just built . it is 5 foot x 4 foot x 2 foot and houses one juvenile coastal carpet. by the way does anyone know how often to clean out a bark sustrate. i am just spot cleaning at the moment but he has only been in there for a couple of weeks. thanks for the opportunity to post. rocket

Edwin
10-21-02, 01:57 PM
I just spot clean mine (I use Reptibark and Four-Paws), and completely change it every 6-8 months. If you go to zoomed's website and look up reptibark there, they state that it is reusable after soaking in hot water every 2-3 months.

http://www.zoomed.com/html/repti_bark.html

Hope this helps. By the way, which part of Australia are you in?

rocket
10-21-02, 04:11 PM
i live in toowoomba about 2 hours northwest of brisbane (queensland). reptile keeping here isnt real strong yet as the government has only just relaxed the laws on keeping reptiles. we are only allowed to keep native snakes and they must be purchased from a liscensed breeder. the amount that you keep is unlimited but they must not be wild caught. there are restrictions on which snakes you can keep also. certain venemous species require special permits as we have the deadliest land snakes on the planet. i used to get in trouble all the time because i was always catching venemous snakes and bringing them home . LOL

beth wallbank
10-23-02, 03:37 PM
gee.......that must totally suck only being able to keep native species only.........NOT!!! LOL.....everyone on this board would trade shoes with you!! Most Austrailian species are on the want lists of most herp keepers... man..you lucky dog!!
By the way.....if you manage to just happen to trip on an albino beardie, or have any nucience snakes, I will gladly pay the shipping!!! lol...

lance
10-25-02, 04:10 PM
yeah beth you and me both lol