PDA

View Full Version : back from the show... with a new friend!

jay76
10-20-02, 03:24 PM
Got back from the show and after wandering around drooling over all the great things I couldn't take home with me, I went to Paul and Lorraine Gillard's table... and came away with the best ghost corn of the show! The benefit of getting to the show early was having my pick of the best snakes lol.

The pic's a bit fuzzy, but I don't have best camera and can't ask to use the landlord's either :D. There is one thing I'm not certain of - how much water should be in the bowl? Just enough for him to soak in or enough for a swim?

I was thinking about naming him Casper... he does seem nice and friendly :)

Jay

hope the pic makes it through... my first one posted :)

jay76
10-20-02, 03:25 PM
I'll try this again...

rattekonigin
10-20-02, 03:27 PM
Corns don't need a bowl big enough to soak in, they don't soak...just give it a small water bowl to drink out of.

Tim_Cranwill
10-20-02, 04:05 PM
Looks nice, from what I can see ;)

Post a more clear pic when you get a chance.

Casper sounds like an appropriate name.

reverendsterlin
10-20-02, 04:09 PM
lol someone needs to tell my corns that they don't like to soak, I could use the savings on smaller waterdishes

jay76
10-20-02, 04:45 PM
so... how much water do you make available for your corns, rev?

rattekonigin
10-20-02, 04:51 PM
lol, that's funny...mine don't soak at all...in fact, they hate the water, a lot....must be the climate difference...oh well...can't hurt to give them a big bowl to see if they like to soak...

jay76
10-20-02, 05:06 PM
Thanks everyone! Appreciate your help :)

Gillards
10-20-02, 05:55 PM
Thanks,
We had a great time at the show.
Enjoy your new pet Casper!!

Lorraine and Paul

lanalizard
10-20-02, 06:05 PM
i had got a snow corn in september from them and i named it casper too.!

ElapheScott
10-20-02, 08:00 PM
Cute little bugger. Ghost's are still some of my favorite.Everyone I ever had was a real sweetheart, I hope you have the same luck.
As far as soaking, it can't hurt to provide a bowl big enough. I've had corns that soak and some that didn't. As soon as you make a rule for snakes, one comes along to make a liar out of you.
Grey-Banded's are supposed to hate water, but I've got one that lives in her water dish.
Good luck with your new baby, I hope it provides you years of enjoyment. ( Or vice versa. )

Clownfishie
10-20-02, 08:09 PM
Congrats on your new baby :) The pic definitely doesn't do him justice! He's a beauty :D Too bad you didn't think to take a pic of him with MY camera before you dropped me off... hehe... So you were stuck with using your own crappy camera *grins*...

Best of luck with lil Casper :)

jay76
10-20-02, 08:18 PM
Thanks... Casper and I will keep each other amused for quite a while :)

LOL! Well hey, I don't recall anyone SUGGESTING I use their camera! Hee hee! At least we got that first pic of Xander at the show :) We're both going to enjoy lil ones ;). Thanks again for telling me about the show :)

Pixie
10-20-02, 09:32 PM
Congrats on your cutie! Looking forward to more pics coming when you have the chance. As for the water dish, I give them one big enough to soak in. They don't always use them but once in a while I catch one taking a little bath so it wouldn't hurt. I get souffle cups from the dollar store, they're cheap and easily cleaned as well as come in different sizes.