PDA

View Full Version : dose any one know........

snakeman92
10-18-02, 08:34 PM
Dose anyone know what is a good kind of octopus to keep in a 45 gal tank and where a good care sheet on them is
thanks

Youkai
10-18-02, 10:14 PM
I wouldn't keep any octopus in something as small as that! I've looked into it myself, and since space was an issue, it never happened.

Shane Tesser
10-19-02, 05:43 AM
There is one or two that are small enough out there...one is endangered, and the other is one of the most venomous animals in the world and you'll never find one for sale....i dont think they are legal to export....if your going to try even with a bigger tank...make sure you have the tank completely cover...if a tentacle can get through a crack...so can the rest of the body and these are master escape artists!

Shane Tesser
10-19-02, 05:46 AM
Oh i should add....of the ones that are available from time to time....they can make very interesting pets, although most are short lived and cost large money....make sure for the species that are commonly found you have a good set up with a tank that is at least 500 gallons or bigger...actually in most cases bigger is required and since they are noturnal...strong lights on the tank will not be required as they will spend all day in a cave anyway and will come out only in complete blackness. I hope this helps!