PDA

View Full Version : Albino Balls

jglass38
09-20-04, 11:01 AM
What is the going rate for baby Albino Ball Pythons? I would love one to keep but I eventually want to breed my normal (my first shot at breeding) as well. Would I be better off getting a 100% Het for Albino to breed with my normal? What would the odds of producing Albino babies be? Thanks in advance and sorry if this has been asked a million times.

justinO
09-20-04, 11:28 AM
If you get a 100% het, the babies will all be normals that are het for albino. Even if you get an actual albino and breed it to your normal, they will all be normals that are het for albino also.

So, your odds are not good, you will not get any albino babies breeding to a normal....... sorry!

As for the going rate..... I'm not sure, but talk to the user Jamie, he seems to be blessed with a bunch of them! ;)

Either way, you'll have to contact someone in your country (not listed in your info, grrrr.) to get this information. The prices are different depending on your dollar & location.

Jessy

mykee
09-20-04, 11:59 AM
In Canada, the prices are generally $3500 for an albino.

morph
09-20-04, 12:29 PM
If you get a 100% male the babies will NOT be 100% hets when bred to a normal they will be 50% hets. Keep back any females and some should be hets but not for sure, it's the hard way to get an albino but definitely more exciting.

Scott

jglass38
09-20-04, 04:32 PM
So it seems that since I dont have the kind of money for an Albino and I want to try my hand at breeding anyway, its worth taking a shot with a het for albino breeding to a normal and see what happens. Really though I just want to succeed at it. Doesnt matter what the cute babies look like. I am going to pick up the ball python manual and read up on breeding some more. Thanks for the answers, this genetics stuff is hard!

Jamie