PDA

View Full Version : Chameleon pictures

heebie_geebies
09-11-04, 01:31 PM
I had some fun with my camera and thought I would post an update. Juno has been here for 2 weeks now and doing good. He's eating a good half dozen bugs daily and I have can tell he has grown. I've seen him drinking off the leaves on several occasions and his "movements" seem pretty regular too. He doesn't seem to mind being taken out of his cage, hopefully he won't grow out of that. Speaking of growing out of things, I also got to see him shed and that went well too. So all in all, its going good. Anyways, on to the pictures

I got lucky this morning and snapped at the right time.
http://www.ssnakess.com/photopost/data/500/5294Sept_11_005.jpg

But here is probably the best picture I have of him. I liked it enough to put it as my avatar
http://www.ssnakess.com/photopost/data/500/5294Sept_11_001.jpg

Thanks for looking.

meow_mix450
09-11-04, 01:49 PM
haha thats awesome good luck

Meow

Collide
09-11-04, 01:56 PM
LOL nice pic lol cute as hell!

panther_dude
09-11-04, 01:56 PM
what a monster. wicked what is the growth rate of a veild compared to panther anyone? I think i remeber reading they grow abit more rapidly, but im not too sure.

roocat71
09-14-04, 07:18 AM
I would have that second pic framed.

-roo

latazyo
09-14-04, 08:45 AM
we had one go from about 1.5" to around 6-8" in about 6 months

heebie_geebies
09-14-04, 04:10 PM
I am guessing he has grown a bit better than a 1/2cm in body length since I got him. I still have to buy a scale to measure weight. I am so happy with how well he is doing. He's has found a regular sleeping area and a regular "droppings" spot. He doesn't seem to mind the cat in the apartment or me for that matter. He eats out of my hand and even drinks in front of me. A happy go lucky kind of guy I guess. I did figure out how to get him angry though. If I poke one of those green bamboo sticks in the cage anywhere near him (and no, I'm not poking him), instant dark stripes and he puffs up huge. It’s kind of funny, because he was standing on one at the time. As soon as he figures out how to talk, I will ask why that bothers him. Until then, I will keep the extra sticks out.

Anyways, thanks for the nice comments everyone.

CDN-Cresties
09-14-04, 04:22 PM
Awesome pics, makes me want to own a veild again :)

0scarTheGrouch
09-19-04, 10:47 PM
Heebie--I keep showing everyone your pics and saying, "Look at what I'm going to get soon!" Everyone loves them. Great pics.