PDA

View Full Version : Boaphile for Burms??

Kurzix
10-13-02, 11:17 AM
My burm is still very young, she only weights 3/4 of a pound. With the growth rate, and max size it will need several cages in its life time. I was considering the Boaphiles expandable cages for this reason. I was looking at the 36 x 24 x 17.5 inch model. and adding on more to make it longer as need be. But then I stopped and though, it can get as long as need be, but what about that 2 foot width??

Other reasons for this cage, is I plan on buying a house in next year to 18 months, in which i section off part of a room for the burms cage, so this boaphile cage is just temporary. And after I do set up the burm with its own room, I can then take the big boaphile cage and turn it into many smaller cages, thus not haveing a huge cage with nothing to do with it.

Any opinions or ideas on my plans? And what about that 2 foot width, can extra length make that doable??

KolleenJ
10-16-02, 03:45 AM
I think your burm could very happily live in 2 or 3 connected boaphiles. They are nice cages as far as I know(Ive never owned one) and depending on the growth rate, it may be east just to get another one to connect to the old ones when your snake grows. The only problem is if your snake turns out extra huge the boaphiles may not be wide enough. Somthing to think about.

liquid_mage
10-16-02, 11:49 AM
Kurzix,

Can you post a website with a link showing the expandable cages you are looking at?

KolleenJ
10-16-02, 04:50 PM
http://www.theboaphile.com/revolution.html