PDA

View Full Version : Just shed.....

Jeff_Favelle
10-13-02, 10:04 AM
Ian and I CAN'T WAIT to breed this thing....

http://members.shaw.ca/jefffavelle/BM2_shed_small.jpg

Clownfishie
10-13-02, 10:24 AM
INCREDIBLE!!! :D

Damn... who needs a car anyways -- I'm getting one of those things!! Hehe... :) Ohhh, being patient and waiting until these guys are affordable is going to kill me... Quick someone, put me out of my misery and give me one *grin*...

Congrats Jeff!! He's absolutely amazing -- I can't wait to meet him in person... :D

raebug2000
10-13-02, 12:07 PM
wow isnt he beautiful? my baby BP just got done shedding too but i dont have anyway to take a pic:(

Quervo
10-13-02, 12:45 PM
Wow .. Jeff .. he is gorgeous. I can;t wait till you breed him either. :D
I assume that's the Markus Jayne pastel.

Jeff_Favelle
10-13-02, 01:13 PM
Yeppers. We got him at 250g+!! Which we thought was huge!! Now, he's 350g!!!!! And he gets a rat tonight!! They grow like freakin' monitors when you let them!

Notice I said "let" them and not "make" them. I firmly believe that people are underfeedign their snakes!

Quervo
10-13-02, 01:23 PM
Lol .. I got mine on rats about a month ago. He's pretty much doubled in girth since then. They certainly do pound on the weight if you let them.

Clownfishie
10-13-02, 01:26 PM
Oie -- I'm conversion challenged -- what does that work out to in lbs? Hehe... I know I know... I'm a canadian, I should be using metric... but for some reason for measurements inches/feet make more sense to me, and if you tell me something weighs "blah blah" kg, I won't have a clue how much it is... hehe :) And yet I use metric for other stuff... ah well, guess I'm just a hybrid measurer... LOL :)

Jeff_Favelle
10-13-02, 01:28 PM
That's great Quervo! Is it a female??

As for the conversion, well I'm not going to do the math, but 1Kg = 1000g = 2.2lbs. So......

Kurzix
10-13-02, 01:42 PM
for simplicity in math you can say 1 lb = 1/2 Kg

I dunno about you guys, but for small snakes I;d rather measure in grams, and once it gets bigger switch to lbs
But feet and inches make more sence to me.

(i think that comes from all my chemistry classes measureing stuff out in grams, and no such class that makes you use meters)

Clownfishie
10-13-02, 01:53 PM
Very true Kurzix :)

Ok -- so since 1/2 Kg = 500g, and he's only 350g right now, he'd be less than half a lb, right? That's not so bad :) How much does an adult male usually weigh?
Someone told me that BRBs get to be about 10lbs -- that seems awfully big to me :) Hope BPs don't get that big .. hehe...

Jeff_Favelle
10-13-02, 02:53 PM
I have a large adult male BP that is 2,400 grams. He won't get much bigger than that.

Quervo
10-13-02, 03:18 PM
Hmmm .. there's somthing fishie going on here ... Hah .. sorry , had to do it.

Okay .. 350 grams is roughly 3/4lb. A ball can get to 5lb or so. (Jeff's would be about 5 1/4lb.

Jeff: My guys a male. I got him last august at around 3 months old. I should be getting my reduced, hi yellow female on tues. hehe .. I'm getting excited. Hmmm .. it's been a while since I've been able to say that ... oh sorry .. tmi. :D

Clownfishie
10-13-02, 04:22 PM
Hehe ;) Bad joke Quervo *grin*...

Hmm... musta got mixed up in my math somewhere :) Okee... 5 lbs or so...

LOL on the excitement -- TMI indeed *grins*. Congrats in advance on your new addition though :) Where are you getting her from? I'm probably going to be getting one of those little cuties from Jeff that just hatched out a few days ago :) Just waiting for them to have their first shed so he can sex them and take lots of pics for me to ogle... hehe :)

Markus Jayne
10-13-02, 04:25 PM
He looks great Jeff! I'm glad he's doing so well for you and Ian.

To answer clownfishie's question...males on avarge are much smaller than females and usually range between 1000 to 2000 grams. 2000 being bigger than average. My bigest male, my pastel jungle, is over 1800 grams.

Males have been known to breed at as little as 500 grams but they were older smaller males.

Mark

Jeff_Favelle
10-13-02, 04:53 PM
Yeppers. I agree with Mark (hey, did you see that clown ball in the "other" forum?? Crazy!!).

Oh yeah clownfishie, the Balls that hatched turned out to be 3.2. The best look one of the bunch turned out to be a male too!! I'll get photos for you as soon as they shed (Wed. or Thur.)!!

derek
10-13-02, 05:45 PM
very nice colors. can't wait to see pics of her babies!

C.Marshell
10-13-02, 07:50 PM
Great looking ball Jeff! :jawdrop:

Clownfishie
10-13-02, 10:22 PM
Wahoo! Hehe :) I can't wait to see pics of them -- heck, I'd love to see pics now too! Compare them to what they look like after they shed :)

Hmmm... clown ball? would that be on the .ca, or the .com version of the "other" forum? :)

Quervo
10-14-02, 12:41 AM
Lol .. Actually Clownfishie .. she is form a friend in Kelowna .. she is originally from Henry Piorun in Mission. I'm trading my (non-running) Honda V45 Magna for her. What a deal. :cool:

Markus Jayne
10-14-02, 06:20 AM
Here is the Clown everyone is talking about. It was hatched out of a het to het breeding by Dan and Colette Sutherland...The Snake Keepers.

http://www.ballpython.com/clown01.jpg

Clownfishie
10-14-02, 09:28 AM
Excellent Quervo :) Sounds like a good deal to me! :D Henry's got beautiful animals...

Markus -- WOW :) That's one beautiful looking ball -- thanks for posting the pic, I didn't manage to find it on the other forum...

Will you be at the show next weekend? Didn't see you on the vendor list I don't think.... love to see you (and your beautiful snakes! :)) there though!

Markus Jayne
10-14-02, 10:24 AM
What show is that?

snakedude_03
10-14-02, 10:53 AM
the st jacob's one i believe.. near waterloo and kitchener

Clownfishie
10-14-02, 11:07 AM
That's the one! :)

Waterloo Herpetocultural Society.... The info's here:
http://whsshow.tripod.com/
It's in St.Jacob's, just outside of waterloo...

Might not be too late to get on the vendor list... hehe ;)

Markus Jayne
10-14-02, 02:27 PM
Nope. Won't be there. That's Corey Woods' territory!

Our next show will be the PCPC Toronto show on November 17th.

We will have some neat stuff there. No adults on display this time though. It's breeding season!

Mark

Clownfishie
10-14-02, 04:06 PM
Damn. That sucks... Corey isn't going to be there either *pouts*

And I'll be out west by the november show -- ah well :( Poor me... hehe.

Are you SURE you don't want to be there? :D

Would've been great to see your stock in person -- guess I'll just have to stick with drooling over the pics on your website :)

Jo060
08-21-03, 07:53 PM
lfg

Kappa
08-21-03, 08:56 PM
Isnt it best to keep breeding males a little smaller then thier possibilities? I head they have a much higher sperm count, dunno if there is anything to that.

reptilesalonica
08-22-03, 11:48 AM
some pics of my freshly shed Ball.

reptilesalonica
08-22-03, 11:49 AM
another, closer one...

David Kwok
08-22-03, 04:28 PM
Post the pic again Jeff I missed it....

Dave