PDA

View Full Version : Sad Day at the Auten Household

danauten
10-12-02, 06:41 PM
The 66% het for albino retic that I was unable to get to eat fro me never did eat for two months and this morning I went to check on her and she had passed away. It was sometime this morning because I went and checked on her when I got up and she looked ok, then later when I went and checked on her she was dead. This sucks so bad, I hate losing a pet and such a little girl too. I guess it was not meant to be. Now I have two male retics and no females, well better get to finding me another female retic.
Thanks for listening,
Dan Auten

Seanebones
10-12-02, 07:28 PM
I am sorry for your loss Dan. Good luck finding a new female

sSNAKESs.com
10-12-02, 09:41 PM
Dan.. sorry to hear that man... Keep your chin up dude! :) everything cant always work out 100%, or this snake keeping thing would be just to darn easy! :) I have a brb that is lost in my house somewhere... basement, middle floor, upstairs.. who knows now... ive given up on searchng for him, if he made it out of the basement the cats probably already had his way with him.. :) so try not to let it get you down bud :)

Jeff

Kurzix
10-12-02, 11:54 PM
Sorry about your loss, I've lost an everglades rat snake, and I too have a BRB that is theoretically lose in my house, altho most likely dead :(

Shane Tesser
10-13-02, 06:20 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss, if its any consolation to you, i am sure that your time together was well spent, and she was in very good hands. Better luck next time.

Pixie
10-13-02, 08:08 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that, it must be devastating...

I know this is probably an unanswerable question but do you have any clue as to what happened? For her to pass so suddenly?

My heart goes out to you.

danauten
10-13-02, 04:27 PM
tHanks for all the heartfelt replies, it feels good to be able to come hear and share your pain and have people be able to know what you are talking about.
Pixie,
I have no idea what was wrong with her, I got her as a neonate and she never would eat for me, no matter what I tried
Once again thanks guy
Dan Auten

KolleenJ
10-13-02, 08:28 PM
Sorry to hear this. I know even though you did not have it for long, how attached you had become to her.

Lisa
10-14-02, 09:39 AM
that really sucks. I hate losing a pet too, our snakes aren't an investment, they're our babies

liquid_mage
10-16-02, 01:12 PM
Sorry to hear that. Good luck finding a new female.

Edwin
10-18-02, 05:44 PM
My condolences