PDA

View Full Version : Aminal Sexing

Kurzix
10-12-02, 02:09 PM
Ho do you all sex your animals?

(ps the misspelling was intentional hehe)

Kurzix
10-12-02, 02:14 PM
I ask the guy, and then confirm with a trip to the vet. If possible I'll ask for verification before purchase (if I really care about the sex)

jsnake0
10-12-02, 02:25 PM
i ask the person that i bought it from, i have a good friend that
breeds i ask him, and i will take it to the vet if i have too.

Tim_Cranwill
10-12-02, 03:33 PM
So far I just trust the breeder. In the future, I will have to learn to probe or pop them myself.

Good poll Kurzix!

sophia
10-12-02, 07:28 PM
Learning how to probe... but still unsure - we take it to a friend {breeder}.

Jon

lance
10-12-02, 09:14 PM
ummm i got leos and beardies so its a little different than snakes

Dragoon
10-13-02, 04:32 PM
I have monitors.
You can't probe or pop them.
If they evert, it could also be female, females have hemiclitoris that can rival a male, (so I've heard)
Females can mount other males and females.
Males will also mount other males.

The only sure way, according to what I've read, is to wait for eggs.

Sucks, huh?;)

Draconem
10-13-02, 08:21 PM
So where did you learn how to pop or probe? I would like to learn, but don't know anyone who knows how.

Pixie
10-13-02, 10:32 PM
The place where I get most my snakes are pretty experienced and reliable when it comes to sexing. That's how I know the sex of most of my snakes.

Pixie

snakedude_03
10-14-02, 12:28 PM
i need to learn how to probe! and maybe pop.. but then that means i have to see the lil snake's snake... uhhhhh

Kyle Barker
11-02-02, 03:25 AM
I probe the snakes, incubate at certain temps (leo's), and look and see for pores/bulges etc for the easier ones (lizards). But i wont touch a tiny little snake with probes. Only comfortable with hatchling ball size and up.

Joe
11-02-02, 10:20 AM
Just to mention at the reptile shows we usually have probes so if anyone buys a snake and needs it sexed bring it buy the WCHS table and we will gladly do it for you...