PDA

View Full Version : Rubbermaid size question...

Zhakrin
10-03-02, 09:40 AM
Hi again,

I have been looking at building a bookself type rack to house my female ball pythons.

My question is if I want to get some rubbermaid containers, what size (gallon volume and dimensions) would be needed by an adult female BP. Keep in mind that I would like to breed them in the containers, so a male maybe spending some time in there.

1. size of container for general housing of an adult female BP?

2. size of container for breeding purposes?

thank again!
Joseph

Bryan Self
10-03-02, 11:33 AM
I would think to do this you would need the containers that are made for wrapping papper. They are only avail. at Christmas. They are about 4 X 1.5 ft. This would be very good for a breeding pair. I think you could house males in a blanket box for most if not all of their lives. I do not have any of the large ones so I do not know the exact size.

.Dexter.
10-03-02, 01:13 PM
yep blanket box is good for there entire span, although bigger is always better... i would have to agree with the wrapping paper boxes.

Linds
10-03-02, 01:53 PM
I am building a rack that holds underbed storage units that measure 40" x 24". That will hold a 6' boa no problems, let alone a pair of balls. You can get them any time of the year...

Vanan
10-03-02, 05:56 PM
To house single adults an 11gal Rubbermaid would be sufficient. Not too sure if there would be enough space for two to get jiggy with it though.