PDA

View Full Version : Piggy Piggy

Lisa
09-30-02, 11:13 AM
One of our Python Regius (natasha) is a big piggy as you can see here.

http://snakes.lexxdog.com/natasha/natasha-20.jpg

She's eating a small rat here

snakekeeper
09-30-02, 11:18 AM
Nice ball I like the yellow, I am still trying to switch 1 of mine to rats but she is stubborn.

Terrariumweb.co
09-30-02, 11:30 AM
Wow really nice snake you got there!
How old is she ?
Jeroen

Linds
09-30-02, 01:44 PM
Love her colour!

Lisa
10-02-02, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Terrariumweb.co
Wow really nice snake you got there!
How old is she ?
Jeroen

She was hatched about may 2001, we got her from Reptilia, by 7 and Duffern

Lisa
10-02-02, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by snakekeeper
Nice ball I like the yellow, I am still trying to switch 1 of mine to rats but she is stubborn.

When we switched her (natasha) we had to feed her both at the same time first a mouse and then a rat while she's in the feeding frenzy

for our second BP (boris) we're just going straight with rats so we don't have to switch him later on. With natasha we didn't think a snake so small could take as big prey. but we do feel rats are definetly better for the snakes then mice.

J.J.
10-02-02, 08:27 PM
Wow, great pic!! Is that astro turf on the bottom of her cage?? or what is it, i want that stuff for my cages!

Lisa
10-02-02, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by J.J.
Wow, great pic!! Is that astro turf on the bottom of her cage?? or what is it, i want that stuff for my cages!

that's the feeding tank, we were using astroturf for the feeding tanks but have switched to paper towels. for the normal habitat tanks we use flora mulch as it keeps the humidity better, has a +20% increase over astroturf. we find astroturf keeps a 40-50% humidity while the flora mulch gives us 60-70%

J.J.
10-03-02, 08:31 PM
ok, thanx, I will have to look for that flora mulch!

Lisa
10-05-02, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by J.J.
ok, thanx, I will have to look for that flora mulch!

Another name for it would be cypress mulch, i've only seen it at 2 places, the reptile show and reptilia going for 20-25$, how ever i'm told if you look hard enough you should find it for $6 at a garden center. if you try a garden center make sure you don't get cedar mulch as cedar is poisonous to the snake. and make sure you don't get any dyed mulches as they can contain toxins