PDA

View Full Version : burmese tank requirements...

Zhakrin
09-30-02, 12:46 AM
Hello there,

I currently have a 86 gallon tank and was wondering if it was big enought to house a Burmese?

Thanks guys,
Joe

Syst3m
09-30-02, 05:31 AM
Hmm.. I dont know the dimensions of that but my best guess is no.

From what I know about snakes I would say 8x4x1 would be the minimum burm cage. They can grow in lengths excess of 20 feet when adult.

Ryan and Katie
09-30-02, 06:31 AM
No way. That may house a young burm for a short time, you may want look at some photo's of sub adults to adults and that might give you a much better idea of the size of the animal you want to house.

Ryan and Katie

Dom
09-30-02, 06:58 AM
An 86 gallon, probably could house a burm that is about up to 6 feet .. maybe less (not sure of dimensons) but after that , there is not such a thing as a tank big enough for a burm. you will need to look into building him an enclosure ...

Do you own a burm? Are u looking in getting one? If soo plz ask a million questions and read caresheets and reasearch it deeply ... Make sure u really know what u are getting into..

Take care

Zhakrin
09-30-02, 07:59 AM
There is no way I would ever GET a burmese before I firmly knew a considerable amount about them. I personally cringe whenever I hear person saying they bought a burmese on impulse. that's reckless IMO.

No i was only thinking ahead a few years and was curious.

BTW do anyone have picture with there ADULT ball or burmese in there arms so I can determine the scale.

thanks again,
Joe

snakekeeper
09-30-02, 12:03 PM
This is what you should be ready for..
http://www.ssnakess.com/photopost/data/2/98burm.jpg

I am building 3 cages: L=6 W=4 H=2 (feet)

jason h
10-01-02, 09:46 PM
i have pics of both balls and burms in the gallery for size difference you might want to take apeek at.

Lisa
10-01-02, 11:37 PM
we're keeping our burms in a 100G tank for now but are in the process of building an enclosure (7X3X3) to house them the 100G is about 5X2X3 so it should do us till next year.

tex_01
10-06-02, 09:30 PM
you should have snakes in atleast (ATLEAST) half the lengh of the snake!

tex_01
10-06-02, 09:32 PM
i have some pics of my albino burm in my arms and she is always clam.i will put the pics up as soon as posibale

Katt
10-09-02, 09:29 AM
A lot of people say burms can get in excess of 20 feet, but I have to say the average burm owned by the average person will not get 20feet + unless you are planning to grow a snake to that size and are powerfeeding. Most of the large burms I see owned by those on the burmese forums online are 18feet, with many around 15feet 14 feet etc.