PDA

View Full Version : tank

snakeman92
09-29-02, 06:11 PM
would a 45 gal tank be to big for a baby bp?

snakedude_03
09-29-02, 06:36 PM
for a baby... you can have it in a ten gallon tank..

snakeman92
09-29-02, 07:23 PM
ya i know but i was wondering if it would be ok to put them in a 45

Zoe
09-29-02, 07:27 PM
You can, but I wouldn't Try and stay under 20gallons for a while, because a baby can get stressed with all the room. If you NEED to keep him in the 45gal, put lots of branches and hide boxes in there for him.

snakeman92
09-29-02, 07:59 PM
hey zoe r the plated lizards cool
thinking of getting one

katey
10-15-02, 07:16 AM
Yanno i always have trouble with people saying the size of the tank will stress the snake. After all snakes in the wild have the whole world to play in, just make sure there are lots of hides and the snake will be fine in a large enclosure. Of course it might drive you nuts trying to find the little guy in all that space when you want him :)

Kate

Quervo
10-15-02, 01:59 PM
My guy has been in a 100 gal cage sinse he was about 6 months old. He did freak out a bit at the size, but once I put lots of hide spots for him he loved it. You can see him on my earlier post about captive snakes being stressed.
Keep in mind with the hides that snakes LOVE to be squished into a hide. The little guys feel most safe when their hide box touches them all around. I started mine out witha a bunch of ceramic flower pot bottoms .. not the pot, just the bottom. He loved it .. he only gave it up when he started looking like a snail .. tail and head sticking out and a pot on his back. lol