PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Italy (Python sebae)

Stefano
09-29-02, 10:51 AM
Hi, I am an italian snake keeper and I have many giant snakes. I have 2.2 African rock pythons. They are only 1 year old. I'd like to know opinions of people who have adults: how do you feed them? Do you touch them with gloves? Are your specimens tame?
Thanks,
Stefano

creander
09-29-02, 01:27 PM
African rock pythons need more handling to stay calm than a python molurus. Normally rock Pythons get bigger, feeding and caring is the same as Python molurus

Visit http://www.pythonmolurus.com to get helpfull information

Dom
09-29-02, 08:57 PM
I would have to disagree with Creander on this one .. Except for size, I find Sabae have nothin in common with Molarus .. Varying from habitat requirements to remperement...

In general, Rocks have got a very very nasty dispositon and burms have a good one (in general .. there is the mean burm and nice rock out there...)

I also have a rock of about one year old .. a female about 8 feet long around the 12 pound mark. One of the nastiest snake ever .. and I handle her all the time since I got her .. She is not and will never tame down..

How to feed them .. with long long metal clamps of somr sort .. As for handling .. Just never ever be lalone when working with them .. these snakes can become trully dangerous is dealt with alone . can't handling to a minimum if u can.

How are you 4 rocks? Any pics?

Take care