PDA

View Full Version : I have a question about egg incubation...

Jamie
09-27-02, 05:59 PM
I was just wondering how everybody incubates there snake eggs, I had a few in the spring but for some reason they didn't go the full distance and I want to be extra careful this time around. Thanks in advance

Jamie

reverendsterlin
09-27-02, 08:21 PM
lol this year I put them in tupperware and tossed them under the bathroom sink

Zoe
09-27-02, 08:56 PM
Yeah, I just put them on top of my bookcase in my room where the temp is a steady 82-85 degrees. Works fine for me, all I need to do is control the humidity.

If you really want to play it safe, buy an incubator (hova-bator).

Zoe

Joe
09-27-02, 08:59 PM
thats all i have done too. i put the eggs in a rubbermaid with about 2 inches of vermiculite wet the vermiculite but not too much that if you squeez it water drips out, it should clump, and put them somewher where the ambient temps are around 83
hope this helps good luck

Syst3m
09-28-02, 01:52 AM
You could build one using insulation some flex watt and some large tupperware. You could build one using an old frige or freezer. you could buy one (hova-bator), Or just keep them in a decently warm room for a few months with some vermiculite, its going to take you longer that way but it still works. Dont stress to much.

Vanan
09-29-02, 02:51 PM
Hey Rev! What eggs are you incubating under the bathroom sink? Uroplatus? Or dya run a hot bath always in ur bathroom? Just wondering how warm it would be under a sink? :)

Vanan

reverendsterlin
09-29-02, 04:22 PM
I live in the desert so it was a matter of finding the coolest spot in the house. BTW they were corn eggs

Jamie
09-30-02, 06:03 PM
Thanks for all the tips, so far everything is great...I will keep you all up to date on there progress.

Thanks again

Jamie
JKreptiles

Vanan
10-01-02, 10:56 AM
Gotcha! lol!

Vanan