PDA

View Full Version : Sad day ..

Dom
09-27-02, 11:44 AM
Hello,

I thought I had had a bad day yesterday because I had gotten bitten by Tracey's Male Iguanna (she is know as the Lizardlady) Harley .. He managed to rip off a nice chunk of finger nail and slice the botton of my finger .. not to tell I was not the happiest camper ..

But today is really no better.

I had gotten a rescue burm from a man in kingston .. I had named her Noserub. She was around 11 and a half and 40 pounds when I had gotten her. She was very babdly kept , had half her face disfigurred because her cage was made with chicken wire .. had a severe tail rot .. a respiratory infection and mouth rot to top it all off ... I have had this girl for a good 10 month if not a year now and her tail rot just left a scar .. I have completly battle her mouth rot .. her respiratory infection was also cured with antibiotics .. her bad skin condition and burns were healled as well until a month ago .. her RI came back very strongly this time ..

She was on baythryl again but unfortunetly this time she did not make it .. She passed away yesterday from an amonia. Her present size was 12 feet 8 inches and a wopping 55-60 pounds.

It pisses me off so bad .. When u put so much effort in a snake an so much time and dedication in it .. thinking all will be well only to have her die at the end.

Anyway .. just though i'd share .. Ive got many rescues and many of them have pulled trough and r doing amazing but I guess this is unavoidable .. sorry just had to vent ..

Thanks for hearing me out
Dom

snakekeeper
09-27-02, 11:53 AM
Sorry to hear that. You did all you could to help her including giving her a better home. Dont blame your self!!

TonyL
09-27-02, 11:54 AM
Very sorry to hear that Dom.

It is always hard losing any type of pet and especially one you worked on so hard!

KaHane
09-27-02, 12:25 PM
I feel for you Dom, Your doing a good job, Don't give up. Can't win them all.

Big Mike
09-27-02, 12:41 PM
My condolences...keep up the good work though :)

Nikki Gervais
09-27-02, 01:43 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that Dom. :(

Linds
09-27-02, 01:59 PM
Sorry to about your loss................:(

Seanebones
09-27-02, 02:48 PM
I'm Sorry to hear that Dom. You did all you could, Sometimes they are too far gone.

Dom
09-27-02, 03:07 PM
Tx Everyone :)

creander
09-27-02, 03:19 PM
Sorry to hear that . Its always a shame when they die after so mane efforts you did . Keep doing the good work.

Greetings Creander

kjrhino
09-27-02, 04:37 PM
I am sorry to hear of your loss. I know how a pet can become part of the family. You've done your part, more than some would do. I know, I was the one with a Burm dropped off on me. I found him now, he came out for water. Now, even though I'm attached to him, I know that I have to find him a nice home. His 'real' owner would kill him. He thought that just because he's a reptile, that he needed a fan on him to keep him cool. So you see, you are a cut above a whole lot of people that don't have any respect or love for nature. Take care of the little ones...Kathy from Detroit, Michigan.

Trace
09-27-02, 04:50 PM
I'm ssoooo sorry Dom

Trace

sophia
09-27-02, 06:09 PM
Our Condolences Dom, I hate to hear that.

Tay

Jeff_Favelle
09-27-02, 07:41 PM
That sucks Dom, especially seeing as it was so big too. When they get that large, you don't think of them as being fragile or anything but bullet-proof. Sorry buddy. At least you gave her a kick-a$$ home for her last little while on the planet right!!?

KolleenJ
10-06-02, 05:54 PM
Trust me!! If ANYONE knows how you feel, its ME!!!
SOrry to hear this!!

PoiSoNouS
10-06-02, 06:45 PM
Mes condoléances Dom...

Sorry to hear that... :(

casacrow
10-06-02, 07:16 PM
I really feel for your loss. Sometimes we can only do so much.