PDA

View Full Version : Can you help me ?

Terrariumweb.co
09-25-02, 03:05 AM
We got 4 ballpythons and one of them has got hese strange looking scales,........ive been told on kingsnake its a bulls eye ? WTF does that mean,..........im sure it isnt a burnspot,.....some burnspots do look like this when they heal. Have you ever seen a same example ? I hope its genetic !!! Ill hope to breed her next year !
Jeroen
More pics ! (http://www.ter.nl/terrariumweb/ballpythons.html)
http://www.ter.nl/terrariumweb/images/ball1.jpg

SilverTongue
09-25-02, 07:09 AM
I am not sure. It could be either a bullseye or piebald. Either way it looks GREAT can you post a pic of all of her?

Terrariumweb.co
09-25-02, 07:41 AM
i posted the pic on a new thread sorry !
Jeroen

Terrariumweb.co
09-25-02, 12:15 PM
Nobody at all ?

Big Mike
09-25-02, 12:36 PM
That does look like pictures I've seen of so-called "Bulls eye" ball pythons. I don't know much about ball morphs but {I think} there is a possibility that a bulls eye is showing traits that could be bread to get a Piebald ball python. Piebalds are sought by breeders and can therefore be very valuable.

Linds
09-25-02, 12:39 PM
Looks like a bullseye........ {{white patch scales surrounded by either black or orange scales}}

Terrariumweb.co
09-26-02, 02:29 AM
does somebody got some links to bulls eye balls ?
Jeroen

neil evans
09-27-02, 12:35 PM
haven't got any links of bullseye royals but have a look at - www.ralphaviesreptiles.com for piebalds and see if BIG MIKE may be on to something check out the prices they go for, keep a hold of her, and breed away, you never know?

Joe
09-27-02, 08:51 PM
im sure that thats not a pied, its a bulls eye!

Terrariumweb.co
09-28-02, 12:00 AM
Youre sure,.Why ?
Please explain,.and let me see some exaples !

Terrariumweb.co
09-28-02, 08:42 AM
I GOT IT !!!
From ballpython.com :

The Bullseye ball python is not as common as the ringer. Bullseyes have white patches on the body in random locations on a normally patterned ball python. These patches at first may appear to be scars, but further inspection will reveal that they are not. The white patches can be in any location on the snake and will vary in size and number from ball python to ball python. The last type of piebald ball python involves the progressive loss of pigment as the snake ages. The snake appears normally colored as a hatchling or sub-adult and with each successive shed white scales begin to appear on the snake. Since this is a progressive loss of pigment there could be any number of causes.