PDA

View Full Version : Hog nose pic

Christina
09-24-02, 12:58 PM
I have an awesome pic of a hognose and I dont know how to put it in here can someone please tell me how!!
TY TY Christina

josefg
09-24-02, 01:25 PM
1) Click the "post reply" button above
2) Wait for the page to load. When loaded scroll down until you see the "Attach file" part.
3) Click on the browse button. This will open a dialog box that will allow you to search for the photo that you want to attach on your hard drive.
4) When you find the photo, click on it and then click the "open" button
5) Then click on the "Submit reply" button and the reply with the pic will be posted to this thread.

Shane Tesser
09-24-02, 05:16 PM
here you go

Christina
09-24-02, 05:47 PM
Wahhoo that is my hognose ty ty shane
( I was having probs and shane was nice enough to post it for me)
I have to say I wasnt the original finder of this snake it was the mail man. I went to get the mail and he warned me there was a big black snake on the hill and dont go near it for it will BITE! LOL yeah right he was telling the wrong person I start running up the hill to see it while he was at the end of my drive yelling at me I will get bitten! Well this one was definately fiesty but so am I, I found a stick and played Crocodile Hunterrrr! And behold the pics!
Christina

BIG SCOTT
10-12-02, 08:07 PM
I've never heard of a hognose biting in self defense anyway. I sure do like the dark phase hogs.

Christina
10-18-02, 06:50 AM
Scott
All of the hogs we have found so far are the dark phase. Do you know what effects make the coloration phase of our native hogs?
I was wondering if it was strictly enviromental?
Considering we live a little north hence the dark phase for thermo purposes.
Well that is my own theories of things lol
Thanks Christina

SilverTongue
10-18-02, 07:37 AM
great pic :)

Scotty Allen
10-18-02, 07:37 AM
Hi Christina. The black "morph" is naturally ocurring, found throughout the range of the Eastern Hognose. I'm pretty certain that the black form occurs occasionally in the Southern Hognose as well. It is rare in most areas, common in others. Please do the snakes a favour and do not reveal exact details of the locality, the place will be swarmed with collectors.

Christina
10-28-02, 08:45 PM
HEY NO COLLECTORS ALLOWED!
I am serious very serious that is against our beliefs we are extremely lucky here to have a come back with them.
We are trying very hard to teach the old timers here that killing them with a PITCH FORK etc is wrong.
We go out all of the time from thaw to freeze and we keep track of all of our sightings when where time etc!
Please do not wreck all of our hard work.
Thank you Christina