PDA

View Full Version : Homemade Cage Accessories Needed

Them and Us
09-21-02, 07:35 PM
so depressingly right now all i have in my babys cage is his water dish, his hide away and his substrate which is like an indoor out door carpet material and thats it. i want to throw a stick in or anything for him to climb up and curl onto but pet stores want 17 bucks for a thing that goes to corner barely in his cage. i am a poor person right now since i just paid a 500 dollar car insurance bill and i have high school so my funds are quite limited as of now. so getting to the point...... is there any way i can use any old outdoor sticks i find and boil them and then freeze them and smoothen them or are there other very cheap things i can make to place in the cage cos i feel so bad for him. and i just can't fork over 20 bucks for a stick. thanks. Todd

sSNAKESs.com
09-23-02, 06:17 AM
of course you can use wood from outside... If it can fit into your oven, just bake it for about 20 minutes at about 250... just watch out that it doesnt catch on fire... or you could boil it... either one works... freezing works to but not as well as the other 2. You can also put in a large rock from outside and disinfect it the same way :)