PDA

View Full Version : Unloved species

Vanan
09-19-02, 02:25 PM
One of my fav geckos. Most people think of them as cheap geckos and alot dun show any interest. It's too bad cos these lil guys are packed with personality.

Vanan

Vanan
09-19-02, 02:28 PM
Yes! That was an albino. My albino male. Here's another.

Vanan

Vanan
09-19-02, 02:31 PM
And this is one of Daddy's little boy (or girl, too young to sex;))

Vanan

SilverTongue
09-19-02, 02:52 PM
Those are cool looking!

silke
09-19-02, 10:22 PM
yeah...i love 'em
i have 3 girls and one was 'fertilized' so i have 6 eggs incubating
who knows how many i'll have by Christmas

Linds
09-19-02, 10:35 PM
Cute :)

SilverTongue
09-19-02, 11:22 PM
too bad you soo far away i might have taken one off your hands :) If you can ship in the us i still might consider it. I like geckos but have non yet, cuz I have actually been worried about making them loose their lil tail :(

Vanan
09-20-02, 09:19 AM
The tamer ones aren't so quick to droptheir tails. Although my breeder females have dropped a couple of times, guess my male gets really ROUGH on them! lol.

Vanan

Joe
09-20-02, 02:42 PM
we use to breed those, they are cute little geckos
http://imagehost.auctionwatch.com/preview/jo/joeandmelissa/pictus_0250.JPG
sorry about the size of the photo!

lance
09-24-02, 07:09 PM
wow cute little buggers

silke
10-04-02, 02:24 PM
when i got the pictus they were loaded w/pinworms and although i knew Hero was gravid, i medicated since i could find no information on whether the medication was harmful to them or the eggs.
those eggs take forever to hatch though and i'm not the most patient person
I have found a home for on babie but not more than that

anyway...my point was that when i had to medicate, Hero and Yogi (the male) were still together (but only for the 1st week) ...Hero got so stressed she dropped her tail and I guess Yogi ate it...it all happened so quickly i didn't realize what had happened
tail dropping never happened with my leos or my other 2 pictus girls

Rebecca
10-05-02, 11:55 AM
I'm assuming that the pics are Pictus geckos??

eyespy
10-13-02, 05:59 PM
I love them!! Actually I prefer the more "boring" geckos to leos, I also love marbled and Tokays. I don't keep geckos myself cuz I just don't have room to take on any more herps but I really love seeing other folks's beautiful geckos.

Thanks for the great pics.

Vanan
10-15-02, 03:23 PM
Oops! Yea they are Pictus gex. Sadly enough, I'm considering selling them. My snakes come b4 my gex, unfortunately. :(

RyanVince
10-18-02, 07:09 PM
I love the crested geckos because they are slow and docile and never bite or drop their tail , i have two females and currently waiting for a male. i will sooon post some pics

Kyle Barker
10-18-02, 09:02 PM
Pictus are great! Only problem is they dont stop laying!!! I know a guy who gave them up because they had too many eggs, dont hear that very often.
Nice albinos, really like em.

Kyle

derek
10-29-02, 08:47 PM
i love pictus gex. i had one but he is no longer with us. :(