PDA

View Full Version : jaguar geckos?

derek
09-18-02, 10:20 PM
is there such a thing as jaguar geckos?if so then are they a nice animal to have? thanks:confused:

Katt
09-19-02, 04:30 PM
Could that not be another name for pictus gex? I've heard been called panther gex.

Linds
09-19-02, 06:47 PM
Saw them at the show. They were tooooooo tiny! It was cute. They are a different animal than pictus geckos, and actually quite rare in Canada, I believe the ones at the show were the first to be bred in Canada.......

Lizzy
09-21-02, 05:38 AM
I think That was viper geckos that you are thinking of. They were super tiny huh?

Linds
09-21-02, 07:15 AM
Maybe... coulve sworn I saw jaguar geckos at the show...I know that name is soooo familiar, maybe its not from the show? :confused: Where did I see jaguar geckos then? :confused: I don't suppose anyone has a pic of a jaguar gecko?? I couldnt find one online, I can just find them in pricelists, etc...........

Quervo
09-21-02, 11:12 AM
Is this the little guy?

Latin name is Cyrtodactylus peguensis. Listed as Jaguar gecko, leopard forest gecko, thai bow fingered gecko, etc, etc.

snakedude_03
09-21-02, 11:19 AM
cool lookiing gecko...

Clownfishie
09-22-02, 09:31 PM
Oooo, that is just too cute!! :) That's the first time I've ever seen one of those...

Matt
09-22-02, 09:42 PM
I would definitely say pictus. They are commonly called pathers.
take a look
http://www.gekkota.org/html/p__pictus.html

OR
and i gonna take a shot in the dark here.
You may be thinking of <i>Pachydactylus tigrinis </i>
They are commonly called tiger geckos, but i have heard pather gecko a couple times as well.

here they are
http://www.gekkota.org/html/p__tigrinus.html

i would recommend tigrinis to any gecko enthusiast, they are incredibly small

Clownfishie
09-23-02, 06:53 AM
Wow -- those tigrinis are really cute -- do you know if they're available in Canada? I don't think I've ever seen them offered for sale before...

Any ideas where I could find care details for them?

Matt
09-23-02, 09:43 AM
they are not common at all in canada. I had a group about 4 years ago that i got from global exotics in kitchener, but i havent seen them around lately.

if you really want them, get them shipped from the U.S., they are still rare, but show up now and again. And they are not CITES

As far as care sheets, good luck, never been able to find one, but if you do some hard looking on the net there may be some info out there....they are very easy to care for. If you ever get any email me and I will tell you what you need to know.

good luck