PDA

View Full Version : My Anoushka is at the vet

Wrath
09-18-02, 01:38 PM
I took her in for a follow up with a fecal sample as requested, and I had to leave her there over night for de-worming. I'm sure she'll be fine, she's very strong and seems relatively healthy. She ate on Friday too!

I asked the girls at the front if they get many snakes, and they told me that there were actually two other balls in the examination room right next door to me. Seems someone's ball got burned under the stove :(

I'm picking her up today, hope she's not traumatized. They said they were going to stick a tube down her throat!

My vet rocks! He said he was not going to charge me for the overnight stay, and that when I bring her in next week for the 2nd dose that i could just leave her in the mornig and get her at the end of the day.

Relief for having found a snake vet....or am I speaking too soon?

LOL Anywho, cheers!

Linds
09-18-02, 01:53 PM
Ive never heard of leaving an animal overnight at the vet for worming before? Also, I feel that the only time a snake should be wormed by means of a tube is if it is absolutely refusing to eat anything. It is extremely invasive (sort of like forcefeeding) to do it that way. A much better method is to simply inject the meds into the prey item and allow the snake to go about his business like nohting is going on at all :)

Jeff_Favelle
09-18-02, 02:04 PM
I totally agree with Linds. Tubing is overkill, especially if the Ball is eating good.

Big Mike
09-18-02, 02:07 PM
The vet does seem to be a little invasive....it's good that you found one that does work with snakes though.

As long as the snake is OK and their not trying to milk you of your funds then it's sounds really good.