09-17-02, 04:12 PM
Clean it.

*ducks*

snakeman92
09-17-02, 04:16 PM
no i am talking about the amonia smell

Linds
09-17-02, 07:53 PM
Bad mouse smell is just mice being the dirty little stinkers they are. Ammonia on the other hand is from urine sitting and building up which in turn means they in need of cleaning.

Mice stink is pretty rough, its hard to keep the odour down. Mice4You has a product they use for their mice to help. I believe they are selling it at $4 a bag???? Alot of people use vanilla in their water as well. I have used vanilla in the past but it still stunk pretty bad so now I jsut try and bare the stench as well as I can...lol :p If it isn't in need of cleaning, then the dont clean the cage simply becasue of mouse smell, it will only make it worse. The males will scent the cage even more because their odour keeps disappearing.......

Syst3m
09-21-02, 03:24 AM
temps are one factor, Below 80 is best higher temps means more urine production
when changing the cages little try just cleaning out the corners and the edges and not the whole thing. The mice will stil have scent in the cage but most of the urine soaked bedding will be gone. (Mice tend to urinate along walls and in corners) I've heard of using either vanilla or the dietary suppliment chlorophil, a natural oder destroyer. Mix it with their water like the vanilla.

If you have alot of mice over 100, you might think about investing in an ozone generator, that will kill the smell.
its a bit excessive but it works.