PDA

View Full Version : Where to purchase a Ceramic Light Fixture

Edwin
09-16-02, 09:00 PM
Hi Everyone,

I am building a cage soon, and am shopping for parts. Does anyone know where I can purchase a ceramic incandescent fixture that goes up to 250 watts? I went to Home Depot and they said that they do not carry it.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Edwin

sophia
09-16-02, 10:27 PM
Edwin have you tried online at Big Apple Herpetological or The Bean Farm?

They carry them.

Tay

corr
09-17-02, 04:35 AM
I saw ceramic fixtures at the HD here, but I'm not sure about the wattage...

Shane Tesser
09-17-02, 04:39 AM
You can buy the same fixture with the chrome heat sheild or light directional thingy at canadian tire....they just replace the light holder from the plastic on they supply to a ceramic one that they also sell...they have quite a fex of various wattages...actually any hardware store should have the ceramic sockets....and its just two wires!!!

Scotty Allen
09-17-02, 05:41 AM
If you're not having any luck at your local hardware store, try a farm supply. Look for a brooder lamp, used for chickens.

lance
09-17-02, 04:50 PM
yeah i would say try someplace like buckerfields or a farm co-op

Edwin
09-18-02, 06:11 PM
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the suggestions, I will go try some of the farming equipment stores. I checked the Bean Farm, but all they have is the standard light fixture with a dome, not the fixture that you screw into the ceiling.

Thanks!

Edwin

corr
09-18-02, 07:34 PM
I was at TSC today and they had 250 watt brooder lamps for $14.95...

Edwin
09-19-02, 08:34 PM
I managed to pick up the fixture at Home Depot today; the proper name for it is a "porcelain outdoor ceiling lampholder"... whew, what a mouthful. It supports up to a whopping 660 watts!

Just cost me around C$5 before taxes.