PDA

View Full Version : Please People tell Me about these lumps!!!

AJS
09-16-02, 08:16 PM
I posted a mesage earlier and I didn't get a response but please I beg of you, Pl ease tell me about thes lumps on the genitals of my male snake. I am losing sleep, I just stay up all night cring my self to sleep. End my torment.

Katt
09-17-02, 08:00 AM
Can you post a picture. I'm not sure what you're talking about, a lump on his hemipenes, or a lump where his hemipenes are. If you're so concerned and crying and losing sleep, why not go to a vet and not wait for a bunch of us who aren't medically trained to tell you what's wrong with your snake.

sSNAKESs.com
09-17-02, 11:21 AM
It would be a urate buildup... urates are sometimes VERY hard and they can build up there.. you COULD try applying some mineral oil to the vent and gently massge the area and if it IS a urate or feces build up it could work its way out.. now i am NO doctor or have i ever done this personally, but i have heard about this. So proceed with caution :P

Simon
09-17-02, 12:21 PM
From what I see it and from my experience,
if the lump isn't hard, then its nothing to worry about at all.
Those are just fat deposits. A lot of males and especially females have these 'lumps' at the end of it's tails. I have heard that these lumps are caused by too much breeding for the females. It doesn't effect it's health or anything.

Remember as long as it's eating, drinking, poping, and shedding alright then it's nothing much to worry about. Don't worry too much.

Good Luck and Happy Herping!