PDA

View Full Version : Who is King???

Tim_Cranwill
09-14-02, 11:54 PM
Let's see what type of snake is most popular...

Scotty Allen
09-15-02, 04:07 AM
I've been doing this for getting close to 30 yrs. now, and have many "favourites". I guess I would put the montane rattlesnakes at the top of my list (though I don't keep any hots anymore), my trio of Australian Olive Pythons would be next. After that, all snakes are my "favourites". I must say though, that I am getting tired of all the hype over all the different "morphs" a lot of people are advertising so I guess it would be easier for me to say I have an "un-favourite" or two. But, that's a topic for another time and place.

josefg
09-15-02, 05:08 AM
I've only got a corn which i am very fond of. However this also happens to be my first snake, so i cannot comment on other type of snakes. Also, if I was not a student i would have got a ball python. (Snakes cost a lot in Malta. Baby corn - US $55, baby ball python US $209).

Syst3m
09-16-02, 03:48 AM
boid over colubrid? Maybe if I had to make a choice.
I like both just the same....

Linds
09-16-02, 10:37 PM
Oooooooooo boas for ever baby! :p Hehehe, yeah I definitely have to vote boids over colubrids. Boas are awesome, and there are quite a few python species I am quite fond of as well, but as for colubrids...I'll pass thank you ;) Although eastern Indigos and Cave Dwelling Ratsnakes are neat :)

reverendsterlin
09-17-02, 01:02 AM
I picked colubrid because of the genetic lesson they provided that got me up to speed years ago. Boids are great but genetics are much more simple with fewer morphs. Corn genetics can get ya just a little nuts lol

ciliatus902
09-17-02, 07:43 AM
I chose Other, and thats because I have a couple that fit in different categories.
Amazon Tree Boas
Coastal Carpet Pythons
Honduran Milks
&
Brazilian Rainbow Boas

lance
09-17-02, 05:16 PM
i don't got no snake[decided to keep the wife instead]
but i like the gtp's the best

PoiSoNouS
09-18-02, 11:03 AM
they all have their little something I like.. for their temperament, I like the Irian Jaya Carpet python,
I love long and thin snakes, like amazons, but I must say that GTP and ETB are simply stunning animals.
I have to say that BRBs are some wonderfull snakes to keep and handle, WLP are Beautifull but are crazy as hell.. ( I like that.. LOL)

Love the retics and burms too.. hehe :D

well I like most of the arboreal snakes.. :)

They are some pythons that I dont really like... Bloods and balls.. all the pythons that has a similar body shape.. rubberboa too.. looks too much like worms..

I dont really like colubrids though.. even if the first snake we got was an African House, I like them because of their temperament.. but I wouldnt buy others..

Boas and pythons all the way baby.. :D

Richard Welter
09-18-02, 02:32 PM
I would have to agree with PoiSoNouS and say that emerald tree boas are the best of the group. Thanks Rich

naja
09-27-02, 10:32 AM
ya baby! (linds, that is!) cave dwellers! i love beauty ratsnakes too! there are 3 colubrids that i truly love, many others that i truly adore, but the three that i 'truly love' are the beauty ratsnake group(esp. vietnam blue beauty!), trans-pecos ratsnakes and eastern indigos. i really like the slug eating snakes too! and boomslangs are definetly up there too! and mangrove snakes! oh, oh, paradise flying snakes are WAY cool!! and speckled racers are absolutely stunning! ok,ok! and colubrids are not my favourite group of snakes, either! i could go on and on about colubrids that i love, though! and i could go on for an even longer time about rattlers and bush vipers and pythons and boas and even ,well, no, not blindsnakes! i'm not too fond of them, to be honest! interested, but not fond! i really think that the woodsnakes are beautiful, eh? cuban woodsnakes in particular! i have to end this post now. i am about to get out of hand.

snakekeeper
09-27-02, 11:17 AM
My all time favorite is the Puff Adder. Then would be the GTP

derek
10-08-02, 10:19 PM
BALL PYTHON ALL THE WAY