PDA

View Full Version : YIKES!!! If this doesn't freak you out....

Jeff_Favelle
09-11-02, 08:55 PM
Man, then you're made of stone!

Giant Wood-borer. 3 1/2 inches long!! And they can fly!! Yuck!

http://members.shaw.ca/jefffavelle/wood_borer.jpg

SilverTongue
09-11-02, 08:57 PM
THAT IS GROSSS are those its eggs????

Tim_Cranwill
09-11-02, 08:58 PM
I think you must live on some untapped island Jeff. Where do you find all of this stuff?

Jeff_Favelle
09-11-02, 09:07 PM
I got an eye for stuff. Plus, I look for it! Ha ha! Not too many people notice stuff, let alone LOOK for it!!

And yeah, those are eggs.

SilverTongue
09-11-02, 11:03 PM
SQUISH SQUISH SQUISH!!!!!!

sophia
09-11-02, 11:43 PM
LOL Silver! You would have a fit here with the cicadas!!! I play with them all the time and the praying mantis and green moths down here look big enough to have sidewinders onboard!!!

LOL But you're in Texas, you know this! LOL

Tay

reverendsterlin
09-12-02, 12:15 AM
I get stuff all the time, Child of the Earth's are some of my favorite uglys around here. Great pic Jeff

SilverTongue
09-12-02, 07:33 AM
praying mantis are pretty cool! I just love tha way they look and how they also get rid of uneeded baggage :) Green moths , I am sure those are cool also. I dont know the type here but I say this moth that with the total wingspan was 6-7 inches across it was awesome. It was hanging out in the walkway on the apartments I use to live in. I hoped it wouldnt fly away and would make a home there, but alas like all go things it had to move on. 24 hours later it flew away. Wish I had a camera it was great looking! It just demanded respect for its size and boldness!

Big Mike
09-12-02, 08:56 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again....I'm glad I live in Edmonton where it freezes for 5 months. Not many bugs live through that.