PDA

View Full Version : weekend swamp trip

ssssssssss
09-09-02, 02:28 AM
hi I have only been here a few days but thought i would tell you what happened this weekend,I was waste deep in a swamp looking for snakes I have been in this swamp pleanty of times so i know it very well.anyway a month or two ago steve and I were out and found some conaber traps and one of them had a five foot gator in it,It was dead, this is the only gator i had ever seen in this swamp,we checked with the owner of the land and he told us a man was leagaly trapping the beavers,the gator was just a misfortunate casualty!anyway back to the story here we are deep in the swamp when i spot a speckled king sunning on a bank down a narrow slew so i head after it pretty fast,when i get closer the watter gets a little deeper then i step on somthing big and it moves,anyway i try to run on watter to get away from it i scare the snake off in the process my friend cant stp laughing as i splash through the swamp faster than i have ever moved thinking im fixin to be gator food i finaly get on the bank heart about to explode and a damn beaver pops up, bout killed myself over a beaver!!Man i cant wait to get back out next weekend:D

josefg
09-09-02, 02:48 AM
Sorry about the gator. Lol at the beaver.....

Dom
09-09-02, 07:52 AM
very kool!

By curiosity .. did u keep the gators corps .. I would of probably tried to salvage the bones .. Just a though

Nice story!

Dom

Jeff_Favelle
09-09-02, 09:19 AM
Great story!! (except the 'gator part).

:-)