PDA

View Full Version : Paintball Co2 Canister

sapphire_moon
02-24-04, 10:19 PM
I am trying to set up a "Death chamber" and am wanting to use a paintball Co2 canister because I have easy access to them. However I just don't see how I am going to be able to modify it without blowing myself up! Has anyone ever done this? If so can you tell me how?

I see the pin on top which is pressed down to let the Co2 out, but how could I get that to work?

If not what kind of places can you buy a Co2 tank at (I'm in the states)

Any help would be appreciated!

Ron
02-24-04, 10:28 PM
When I used CO2 years ago all of our tanks had on/off valves. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find one cheap.

Pontus
02-24-04, 10:55 PM
cheap ones are hard to find your going to have to buy a paitball regulator if anything and there not cheep

sapphire_moon
02-24-04, 11:05 PM
paint ball regulator? Hmm I'll call my local paintball place and see if they have one/how much it is.

Now would that work on all size tanks? And it works with an on/off valve and I could attach tubes to? Thanks!

Senator Gracken
02-24-04, 11:06 PM
an on/off valve and a secure place for the tank should do it. On/offs are pretty cheap in canada mine was about $40 for a new one.

Odiferus
02-24-04, 11:15 PM
Its soooo funny you said "Death Chamber"...I use Co2 to stun and kill my snakes food, and it says exactly that "Death Chamber" right on the side!!! No Foolin....as I'm sure others have already posted, you can get the right equimpment at wal-mart, fleet farm (*or farm and fleet, depending on your location) or gander mountain and like sporting goods stores. I just use the Co2 tank, a remote air hose (paint ball equipment) and a mason jar with an input hole in the center and small vent holes around the sides. Be CAREFULL!!! I have had my chamber over pressureize and blow the top. It scared the day lights out of me!! There were pinkeys everywhere!! Be gentle when opening the valve!

Ron
02-24-04, 11:17 PM
We only used regulators to get consistent velocity with CO2 or to control our 4500 psi compressed air tanks. I think CO2 is usually filled to 700 - 800 psi. We used to open the tanks full blast without any problems; just make sure you don't freeze your hand to the tank. I would just get a tank with an on/off valve and maybe a remote line so you can just stick the hose in the container.

sapphire_moon
02-24-04, 11:23 PM
Ya, in about 3wks I am going to have 12 rats to kill and I REALLY don't want to whack them all. and I don't want to go get dry ice. I can't find anything at wal-mart besides the tank and the entire gun/helmet/actuall paintball/and the little cartridges which cost about 100-150 (us) dollars.

Ron
02-24-04, 11:33 PM
Just call your local paintball place and ask for a 20 oz tank with a on/off valve and a remote line. They will probably have a used one and for a fairly good price; CO2 is the gas of the past.

Bighead
02-24-04, 11:34 PM
I have a paintball gun co2 chamber too. I bought a remote coil thing off of ebay for $20 and a piece I mounted to a small rubbermaid so that I can use the quick release on the remote to snap it on and off. you can slowly let the air in or do it really fast. Nothing should blow as long as there is a big enough vent hole. If you can find a local paintball store, they should be able to tell you what to do, although the remote will cost you twice as much. Have fun.

Odiferus
02-24-04, 11:42 PM
Try these links, they show examples of what you need. You have to take the remote hose apart to the furthest point at the end of the hose (remove all the quick coupler peices for the paintball gun). You can do a simple search for "paintball equipment" and come up with endless suppliers of what you will need.

http://www.paintball-discounters.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/st_prod.html?p_prodid=840&p_catid=97&sid=5bW2dL0@sAGb2wL-16104222054.e5

http://www.paintball-discounters.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/st_prod.html?p_prodid=145&p_catid=63&sid=5bW2dL0@sAGb2wL-10104253254.38

sapphire_moon
02-24-04, 11:44 PM
ok, so they may have used Co2 tanks for sell and a remote. How much do those usually run for?

Bighead
02-25-04, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by Odiferus
You have to take the remote hose apart to the furthest point at the end of the hose (remove all the quick coupler peices for the paintball gun

I didn't have to take anything apart. I just added the quick connect piece to the rubbermaid and snapped it into the remote. Really easy.

Added just after:
Nevermind I think I see what you meant. All it is, is one piece that comes right off by hand. You are replacing the piece you take off with a quick connect piece.

morph
02-25-04, 12:54 AM
12 rats thats like a minute and a half of wacking:D

Scott

jjnnbns
02-25-04, 09:50 AM
Another great place to get CO2 is at either a Pepsi or Coke plant if you have one around. My buddy has a Kegerator and gets his CO2 filled at the Pepsi plant

sapphire_moon
02-25-04, 01:27 PM
Maybe for you, but it's hard for me to kill them as is. In the long run it would be easier for me if I were to set up a gassing chamber.

Lisa
02-27-04, 04:57 PM
I've found dry ice to be fairly easy, just pop in and get a dollars worth.

sapphire_moon
02-27-04, 05:00 PM
I was going to do that. But I will be gassing 2 different groups. I don't drive, and I don't carry any money on myself to call a cab. So it would be VERY inconvient for me to have to do that. I generally do the whacking/killing when my partner is gone.

Where if i have a "chamber" I will be able to do it any time in the morning without having to worry about getting to wal-mart, handling and storing (on the way home) it.

Cruciform
02-27-04, 05:09 PM
Walmart sells dry ice???

sapphire_moon
02-27-04, 10:12 PM
Here, penguin dry ice.