PDA

View Full Version : Oh my....on the floor!!!

Shane Tesser
09-07-02, 11:48 AM
So, i woke up this morning....very little daylight in my dungeon of a basement i live in and started to walk towards the bathroom. On my way there i barely noticed and almost stepped on a very long and large item sitting right infront of my 90 gallon. It had the perfect outline of a snake....in my morning stuper i froze, unable to move for a second as i do not own any snakes!!! I built up the courage to turn the light on where i noticed my 25" Dragon Goby had jumped out of the tank and landed on the floor during sometime in the night! I was heartbroken as i was one of the original people in Canada to keep one of these a for a little over five years now. He was extrememly dry and obviously not moving. I picked him up...which i would normally never do and the poor thing was almost completely hard. I was about to take him outside for a burial when i barely noticed that his eye moved...and he gave me a very weak and slight twitch! I quickly ripped off the top of the tank and placed him in, dragging him back and forth for several minutes until all of a sudden he gave me a tremendous flip of power and shot off swimming in his tank. I have now watched him for several hours and he seems perfectly fine...he has even eaten. So, today is one of those really lucky days, and of course im extremely happy...so i think im gonna buy a lottery ticket!!!

sungazer
09-07-02, 12:41 PM
wow u should go buy a lotto ticket i am happy that u got him back to health

sophia
09-07-02, 01:30 PM
Coolness, I lost an eel that way, never wanted one since. The irony of the situation, was that I had just gone to an interview at a pet store and while I was there, he escaped.

I'm glad he made it Shane!

Tay

reverendsterlin
09-07-02, 02:04 PM
he's ugly lol but I'm glad you found him in time

sSNAKESs.com
09-07-02, 02:05 PM
LOL he looks just like shane does in the morning...

McPatch
09-07-02, 02:36 PM
you are lucky i lost 2 oscars that were about 3 years old they both got out at the sametime.Congrats on the save

KaHane
09-07-02, 02:38 PM
Great save, I almost lost a 4 foot leopard shark that way.
Good job Shane.

TonyL
09-07-02, 02:51 PM
Ugly? That eel is much better looking than Shane is....hehehe

Just playing with ya buddy!!!

Great to hear a good ending to the story!!

Jeff_Favelle
09-07-02, 02:54 PM
And who knows, 5 minutes sooner or later, and you wouldn't have noticed waht you noticed and buried him anyways! That's nuts man!! Verrrrry cool.

Jeff_Favelle
09-07-02, 02:54 PM
Now get a lid on that damn cage!!!!!!!!!!

snakedude_03
09-07-02, 03:57 PM
lol.. lucky u!

Duncan
09-07-02, 04:43 PM
Glad to hear he made it Shane!
A word of caution though, I've had fish jump out before, hit the floor for only a few seconds before they were "rescued", only to have them pick up some wicked bacterial and fungal infections from the stress and exposure to the floor's "fauna." Not trying to jinx your guy or anything, but prepare a hospital tank (if you don't already have one going), just in case. Its a lot easier to medicate outside your main tank if necessary. Hope its not needed, but keep an extra close eye on him for the next week or so. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Duncan

Lizzy
09-07-02, 09:12 PM
lol...it's amazing how resiliant well care for fish can be. I had a molly that I raised from a baby that I found a bit crispy on the floor, but twitched before I was able to walk over to the garbage can. She lived another 3 years!

corr
09-08-02, 05:33 AM
Good story, Shane. I've heard others like... they're amazing creatures! Glad he's okay!