PDA

View Full Version : Tokay Gecko Survey

Gorelith
03-17-02, 05:21 PM

Matt
03-17-02, 05:39 PM
I once had a Tokay locked onto my index finger for 2 full minutes digging his teeth in, before I had to pry him off.

Wasn't fun

Gorelith
03-18-02, 04:49 PM
My male is quite the little ptibull wannabe, i'm breeding tokays (possibly the only fool in Canada but I think they're gorgeous)
I wear gloves on the odd occasion I handle my adults, and once my male bit onto my glove and wouldn't let go. So, instead of trying to force him off the glove I left it in his enclosure with him and his little jaws. I left the room and came back a half hour later, still got his little teeth dug into the glove. Came back another half hour lafter and when I looked in he was only just letting go, i'd say he had ahold of the glove for about 1 hour and 6 minutes. My female's gravid right now so pretty soon I'll be the proud daddy of some CB Tokay Geckos.

Dom
03-18-02, 05:10 PM
good for you Gorelith .. but beleive me ure nt the only"fool" breeding this guy .. I know 3 other just in Ottawa breeding them too!

Personally I am not too fond of them cause the first time I touched one about 5 years ago I got a huge chunk of skin ripped off .. lets just say i did not know what it was then ..

Gorelith
03-18-02, 06:14 PM
Personally, I think they're the prettiest of all the geckos. That's just my opinion and i'm sure everyone's got a favorite but it'd be great to see more people breeding tokays. Believe me, I know all about missing skin, they're vicious little cuties. My female's actually got a scar on her lower jaw from my male copulating with her, it's in the perfect shape of the male's jaw, lol. Nothing will feel better than producing my own CB's. Well except maybe my balls. Or JCP/IJCP if I find any of them. I talked it over with my wife about the burm, she gave me the go-ahead.....after I move back home (Nova Scotia). Hopefully within a few months, but I'll be making trips back to Ottawa every now and then to purchase more herps. I might be able to find one in N.S. but I have no clue what the herp scene is like down there anymore.

Turtle Matt
03-20-02, 06:14 PM
I have a pair,the male is the nicest Ive ever seen.....He is one that was accidently let go as a CB baby at my work 4-5 years ago and I caught him:).
Matt

JKS
03-22-02, 12:22 AM
I think big adult Tokays are awesome.
Tokays are definately one of my favs, and one of the coolest looking gex for sure.
As with most lizards, I'd rather look at them and appreciate them than own them. I went through a period of owning pretty much one or two of everything before my collection shrunk down to just certain snakes.
I've seen some pretty tame Tokays, and some like Gorelith said that are "pitbull wannabes". It'd definately be cool to see more people breeding them.
I've come close to picking up breeding pairs in the past, maybe someday I'll actually do it.

Jeff_Favelle
04-02-02, 01:51 AM
I think its awesome that you're breeding Gecko gecko's !! I've actually never even seen what a baby looks like so post a pic if you hatch any eggs!! Good luck man!

Wrath
04-02-02, 11:41 AM
Yeah, can I get a pic? I don't know what 'Tokays' are, or what they look like. I wanna see!

Matt
04-02-02, 11:49 AM
not my pic, but take a look at this little guy.

Gorelith
04-02-02, 11:56 AM
This is Mr. Bigglesworth
the pic i have of Mrs. Bigglesworth is kind of blurry cause she was getting ready for a strike at the camera but i'll post it below.

Gorelith
04-02-02, 11:57 AM
sorry about this but i'm not sure if i can post multiple pics in one post, or how to do it if I can.

Wrath
04-02-02, 12:09 PM
Ha! Those look awesome!

Tom P
04-02-02, 01:48 PM
I love that name, Tokay's are exotic looking herps. My brother has been in the Philipenes for a couple years now, and he keeps sending me pics of them. They are everywhere over there. There are so many of them, that when a person is walking at night, the sound of them calling is overwhelming. I will try to hunt down a scanner, and scan some pics of wild Tokays. Anyway I have 1.1 gecko gecko, and I love them, though I don't think thay like me too much!!

Joe
04-02-02, 03:22 PM
'

marisa
04-02-02, 06:00 PM
:)

Joe
04-02-02, 06:13 PM
i sold a tokay to a guy at a show last year ......$20 if i caught it $5 if he did ...... i offered leather gloves but he said he had some all ready and they didnt bite hard so he grabed her and it tore the skin off his knuckle, and left a little blood on the floor in front of our table i thought grant was going to give me **** but it passed
but the guy came back a bit later and wanted to try for another.
i thought this was a bit funny thought i would share

Kate
04-18-02, 11:50 AM
He's cute but seems to have an evil gleam in his eye! Looks like it would take your finger off if given half a chance.

Canadaherp
04-19-02, 07:15 PM
responded to "
Did somebody Say Something About Toking?" are yall STONERZ!!!:flick:

Gorelith
04-19-02, 09:15 PM
Just 33% of us, lol.