PDA

View Full Version : I just got a corn.....

josefg
09-05-02, 09:24 AM
Hi ppl,

I just got a normal corn snake, which apart from being my first corn snake, it is also my first snake. It is only a month old.

Any hints from you experienced keepers out there? (Not the stuff found on care sheets but the <I>tricks of the trade</I> ;))

Josef

Big Mike
09-05-02, 09:30 AM
Congratulations Josef :cool: :thumbsup:

I'd love to give you some tips but I don't have any corn snakes...lol. I'm sure you will take very good care of your new pet.

josefg
09-05-02, 10:24 AM
Tnx Big Mike but if it wasn't for people like you I would know nothing about snake keeping.

Thanks also to the others that posted replies to my queries.

Katt
09-05-02, 11:22 AM
I have 8 corns myself, and more on the way, and what I can tell you, is that, they are very addicting.

reverendsterlin
09-05-02, 11:34 AM
yep, have 9 corns and have learned so much genetics from them alone that for that reason only they are great animals. Nice thing with corns is there are no real tricks except a cage lock used everytime without fail, amazing little escape artists they are lol.
Congratz

sophia
09-05-02, 11:55 AM
Here's a pic of our only corn snake right now... Wishbone - named for his head marking... he's our daughter's snake. He'll be getting a mate soon as well - looking at Motley's right now.

Jon:D

sophia
09-05-02, 11:56 AM
Ok just one more pic of Wishbone our Male Snow Corn... He's such a cute bugger.

Jon:D

josefg
09-05-02, 12:48 PM
Katt: I've been with my snake for less than 24hours, but man they really are addictive creatures. I don't know if only for mine or all corns, but it like to be handed a lot. The first 2 times i tried to hand it, it was afraid and tried to escape from my grip. Now, everytime i put it on my hand, whenever i try to put it back in the cage, it winds itself on to a single finger making it difficult for me to remove it. I love corns. I wish i was not a student, as being a student means that i don't afford to buy more snakes right now.

Jon: very nice corn. How old is he?

Josef

SilverTongue
09-05-02, 01:21 PM
yes but if you are a studant now...it means more corns later :) Cus you have a better chance of affording you addiction :)

reverendsterlin
09-05-02, 01:35 PM
crud, I did it wrong lol, I'm a student but went ahead and aquired a decent sized collection, where was anybody to tell me to wait till after school was done.

josefg
09-05-02, 01:45 PM
rev, i wish i can do the same, the only problem is the cash

SilverTongue
09-05-02, 01:51 PM
LOL@Rev!

Syst3m
09-05-02, 09:38 PM
Well You need to take good care of the corn and then in the future you need to get it a mate and breed it, If you do it right and keep the snakes healthy then you can either sell those babys or you can trade those babies and get more corns :) You just need to take your time with it :)

josefg
09-06-02, 12:46 AM
That's what i am planning Syst3m

sophia
09-06-02, 05:16 AM
Josef,

He's about 7 months old... growing like a weed. Congrats again on your new baby.

Jon

josefg
09-06-02, 06:41 AM
Tnx Jon

Syst3m
09-06-02, 04:49 PM
Its a good plan josefg if you have all of the right intentions, Like the snakes health first and foremost. The only reason I plan on breeding my snakes is to buy more snakes, And I plan on entering that field very cautiously....

josefg
09-07-02, 12:35 PM
yeah me too. That's why i got only one corn and not two, a male and a female, so that i can get used to them before getting more snakes.

Tnx again for your help\

Josef