PDA

View Full Version : Rats and RI or colds ?

Wizer69er
02-09-04, 04:10 PM
Hey all i was just wondering if a rat has an RI or a cold can it be past on to a snake by feeding a rat with a cold or Ri to a snake? Also can a snake catch a RI or a cold airborn from a rat? Sorry if this is a silly question its just i have a rat or 2 that have been sneezing more than usual. Thank you in advance for any info.

mykee
02-09-04, 06:52 PM
No, they can not be transfered. Can you catch the sniffles from a dog? There are a different set of bacteria involved.

Wizer69er
02-09-04, 07:13 PM
Thank you just was not sure and wanted to know for sure thank you for your reply.

Lisa
02-10-04, 10:37 PM
rats will often get a RI from stressful conditions. do a search on this site about "myco" (short name, i can't remember the full term).

Wizer69er
02-11-04, 01:24 AM
Sorry if i sound really dumb hear but i have only been breeding rats for a couple months now some of them are sneezing could they just have a bit of a cold? I have them right under a heat vent in the basement could that be a poss problem? maybe i will try to move them. 1 more question what is the best temp to keep them at i know room temp but my basement is like 70-75 is that to cool? Thanks for any help.