PDA

View Full Version : Yeah!

J.J.
08-29-02, 08:39 PM
Yeah! I am so happy now, Cha Cha is happy too, she is going to be ok! YEAH!!!!! WOO HOO!!! SHe is so happy and getting better too! I got some head shots of her, i STILL have to turn in that stinkin roll o film, been so buzy with cha cha, i feel bad 4 the other snakes, i think they feel left out!! POOR BABIES!!! Anyways. jsut thought I would let yal know! BYE BYE! p.s. I will post some pics of My science teachers 6 foot boa and I maybe tomorrow if i remember! BYE! hey here is an odd poll i thought of cause i want to now what you all have most ! BYE!

Kurzix
08-29-02, 09:14 PM
I just said cage carpet, because thats what i used to use. I use paper towel in her feeding cage, and in her living quarters I use eco earth

snakedude_03
08-29-02, 09:16 PM
i have newspaper in one and aspen wood shavings in the other two..

Linds
08-29-02, 10:05 PM
I am great big huge papertowel fan...lol! :p I use both newspaper and papertowel for all my snakes and some of my other herps as well. The onyl exceptions to the papertwel/newspaper rule are my rosy boa (crushed walnut), Horned Frog and Redfoot Tortoise (peat moss).

Syst3m
08-30-02, 02:45 AM
I refuse to vote. I love the eco earth since I don't keep large amounts of snakes (yet).

Dom
08-30-02, 06:53 AM
Nothing beats cypress mulch in my mind .. all mine are on it except my Rock is on sand..

J.J.
08-31-02, 01:47 PM
What is eco earth?

Kurzix
09-02-02, 01:20 AM
Eco-earth is a name brand of cround up coconut fiber. Its very versitile. I can be used dry for more arid animals, or damp for the more humid, it can be used as a soil for plants, and because it its plant based, its not a major concern should your animal decide to make it into a snack. But I still do not feed my boa on that substrate.

oh one more bonus, not only does it look nice on the floor, but its easy to clean....when i clean mine, I scoop the litle "gift" and a small area around it all the way down to the glass, and replace with fresh stuff, and every 2-3 months I replace it all.

Now if I was keeping a large number of snakes in shoe and sweater boxes I wouldn't use this stuff, it'd get too expensive too fast, but for animals on display, can;t beat it.

JKS
09-02-02, 01:42 PM
I use newspaper for most of my boas and pythons. It's easy, and cheap since I get the newspaper anyway.
I use carpet for one ball python setup, but it is more of a "show" cage. I use to use cypress mulch, peat moss, and vermiculite, and found that they all worked well. They were good for humidity, but a lot more of a pain to clean.
I also use aspen shavings for my Glossy Snake because he likes to burrow, and it's easy to clean.
Overall, if I was to choose one I'd stick with the newspaper.

LILCREEP
09-02-02, 01:47 PM
newspaper and paper towell just for the easiness of cleaning and for feeding on

BIG SCOTT
09-02-02, 02:05 PM
For my speckled king i use News Paper, for my Corn snake I use aspen,for my Tarantula I use mulch and sand, for my Bearded Dragon I use ground up walnut shells b/c they smell good they provide calcium if he eats some.They keep the smell down better than anything I have ever use, and for my Red-Tail i use small pebbles b/c they heat up very well and keep the cage nice and warm.

J.J.
09-03-02, 02:59 PM
AHH!! you have a tarantula!! i am sorry, but i cant stand spiders!! they give me the creeps!!!! sorry!!! Anways, thanx for all the info, i might try that eco earth stuff, who knows, well i gotta go!!

reverendsterlin
09-03-02, 03:10 PM
I prefer indoor/outdoor carpet, it is cheap, pretty easy to clean (no hot water it shrinks lol). And you can choose colors that compliment your animals. Initial clean-up is easy, pull it out wipe the floor and insert a new one.

J.J.
09-03-02, 06:11 PM
yea, i have that stuff, but like i bought some and like when i washed it all of this foamy stuff came out, and it loke never stopped!! but i did wash it really well though, i got it at a hardware store, should I use it, or no?? let me know please!!