PDA

View Full Version : question. please help :)

xdiversichicx
12-23-03, 04:44 PM
im not sure how to tell the sex of my collared lizard.
i cant seem to find a site or anything that doesnt just say that the males are bigger. that doesnt help me out much.

Reptiles Galore
12-24-03, 07:44 PM
HI,

im not sure if it works but check to see if it has pores, because if there are a lot of pores then its a male, and few pores means a female!( i think it would work, not %100 sure)

Tim and Julie B
12-24-03, 09:50 PM
Hi there. Hope this helps a little. The males tend to much more colorful, much larger and will have large femoral pores. If you don't know what these "pores" are, flip your lizard over so that it's belly is facing you, and look for this shape ^ made from tiny dark circles between the hind legs at the base of the tail. Good luck,

Julie

Big_V
12-24-03, 10:24 PM
In my experience with collards the pores is the first sign. But if you cant figure this out colour is the way too go. Females have very dull colours on the usually. The tend to have darker colours than males which tend to have more intense colour all throughout the pattern on the body. Post a picture of the little guy on the net if you cant figure it out and im sure someone can help you. But stick to femoral pore size and colour as your main goals.