PDA

View Full Version : Snake Steak Sausages??

Kurzix
08-23-02, 12:40 PM
Has anyone ever heard of these? They are made by T-Rex, and its basicly a mouse (or rat) run thru a grinder and formed like a sausage.

I already know someone is going to ask "whats wrong with F/T" so I'll answer that right now. My gf always complains when I pull a mouse outa the freezer to thaw it...she thinks its mean to kill such cute animals. lol So I thought maybe if the snake food wasn;t cute coming outa the freezer she'd stop with the cute mouse talk.

So If anyones heard of or used these, I'd like to hear about it

Kurzix

Cidah
08-23-02, 12:54 PM
I've never heard of these but it's hard enough sometimes to get a snake on f/t, much less processed "sausages". I'd stick with mice.

snakedude_03
08-23-02, 12:59 PM
i think i saw them in pj's before.. but not 100%..you try them.. wont hurt to try?

Linds
08-23-02, 01:53 PM
IMO the stuff isn't worth a try. Some animals will be able to be switched to it, but really, do you want to offer your snake processed and preserved food over its natural diet? Ive heard of someone being able to successfully swtich their snake over to sausages but then couldnt get it off them, and then it quit eating the sausages altogether. But that is all I have heard of them, they arent a widely accepted food item (I don't even consider them to be a "prey item"). If your g/f doesnt like it, then tell her not to look, it's part of the cycle of life, nothing mean about it at all. Same deal as frogs eating flies and people eating cows. Id leave the sausages on the shelf and stick to feeding mice to your lil snakey :)

Happy feeding ;)

reverendsterlin
08-23-02, 01:53 PM
I have heard of people using them but nearly everything I have heard is negative. Hard to get started, refusals, exspense never ventured to try myself

lance
08-23-02, 04:54 PM
wow sausage eating snakes what will they think of next

snakedude_03
08-23-02, 05:22 PM
lol.. how about flying pigs? Lol

Richard Welter
08-24-02, 10:45 AM
I was wandering what is the price to feed a one month supply of this snake sausage. There is a picture of a corn eating one in the march 2002 reptile magazine. One more dumb question what happens when your snake gets stuck on this snake sausage and can't be turn to mice for a while($$$). I don't think a will use snake sausage's. One is, if I had to use them I would make my own using a $20 sausage maker and ground up mice. Two I don't think emeralds would eat those. Anyway you know someone is going to get rich off of this. Thanks Richard Welter :D

Kurzix
08-25-02, 08:59 PM
Thanks for all the advice everyone, I'll stick to the rodents (in non sausage form)